Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Finding Peace

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding Peace

Post by Phoenix on Fri 06 May 2016, 00:50

Lita stood by the falls, she needed to get out of the house. Pippa hated her at the moment but then she didn't blame the girl Lita had lied to her after all. shaking her head she walked along the waters edge.

She was thankful for the runners she had put on, it was a big change for her, heels had always been her go to show.

She had yet to come across any of the family and with Pippa not talking to her she figured it was best to keep them in the safety of the house. Looking up at the sky she watched the stars twinkle almost like they were eyes blinking down at her.

Her mind drifted to KnOT and made her wonder if, where ever he was, he could see her " You never told me kids were such a pain brother..." she whispered to the darkness, where ever her brother was he wasn't listening to her complaints.

Life had moved like lightening the last four years, changing her from the vindictive bitch she had once been to the more stable figure that she was now. Taking a sip from her hip flask she moved closer to the waterfall. She use to love this place, anywhere that was near water always cleared her mind and she needed that clarity now.

When Kenshu returned she would have a lot of explaining to do, and she didn't even want to think how Karne would think, her closeness to his father always made any kind of relationship with the man difficult. At least she got on with Hope, but then Hope was so very similar to a young Lita it was almost painful, headstrong and stubborn, but then Cass had always managed to see the better side of her.

Finding a spot she sat down and waited for the peace to pass over her.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding Peace

Post by Karne Reign on Fri 06 May 2016, 02:52

Interesting…” He said aloud as he approached the place where Lita had sat upon; “I thought I’d picked up on a familiar scent though you’re the last person I expected to own it…” Karne moved to remain standing a little off to the side while his eyes moved over the falls. In honesty, it was difficult to fathom that Lita’s scent could be a presence he still considered familiar, the two really did have so little to do with each other and between her and Kenshu, Karne could never keep up with which one had moved to lacrimosa and which one had disappeared off of the face of the earth. “Kenshu will be glad to see you I reckon…”, this was Karne’s way of telling Lita that it was good to have her return to them. Soon shifting, he lowered himself to the ground to take a seat an arm’s reach from her, fishing for his cigarettes and soon lighting one up before turning his attention back to his aunt in borderline suspicion; “Guessing you’ve come back for the kid, eh?” he inquired as to what it was that had drawn her back into their world, “Met her briefly…-Bit of an attitude…-Should fit right in…” He offered a sarcastic sounding chuckle before taking a drag from his smoke, “She has your knives…” He elaborated, Pippa hadn’t given her name openly before Karne and the others had seen a hint of who she truly was.

Planning on sticking around?” He asked, sounding a little more purpose behind the question than simply breaking the ice, the look that he offered Lita one of genuine need; “Things aren’t what they used to be…”.

Better the Devil you know, than the Angel you don't
Karne Reign

http://wolfmortum.boards.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Tue 10 May 2016, 00:50

She smelt him before she heard him speak, his scent so similar to her brothers that it wasn't hard to figure out who was walking towards her. As he spoke she turned to look at him, he wasn't the only one to be shocked " Expectation is often a lot higher then reality can ever reach..." her eyes traveled back to the water for a moment, it was very unlike the old her to seek out a peaceful scene but like so many things her appreciation of the quieter things in life had changed in her years away.

"Kenshu will have difficulty forgiving me for keeping Pippa from her... I just hope it is one we can overcome. Yes I have come for her, although she hates me currently." she couldn't help but laugh at the mention of her attitude " Yes she has that but then would she be my daughter if she didn't take after me in some way... also she is four."

She nodded as he told her of the knives " Yes I gave them to her, her aim is pretty much on target. " she stopped when he asked if she planned on staying around.

Thinking she began to chew on her lip as she thought of how to answer that particular question. Waiting for a moment she decided on honesty " It really depends Karne. Oxen is a threat to her, and she is a walking target at the moment. I am here until we at least work through the fall out from not telling her about her father, after that I will go with whatever is safest for her, she will want to know him I am sure."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 10 May 2016, 10:13

The Children of this Covenant have a long history of hating their parents, Aunt Lita..” Karne replied gently as his eyes followed her own and he looked out across the rivers surface watching the silent glitter of moonlight cascading from each little ripple in the water, “I hated my father, I struck him down…” He reminded her though he doubt she needed a reminder of the time, they’d been neck and neck on the eve though there was more to add, “Arguably the biggest conflict between blood in this covenant and even Marcus and I managed to come to an understanding before he was well and truly taken from this family…”.

Ironically, if it makes you feel any better, my children also despise me…” Karne chuckled coldly under his breath, his non-existent and lifeless tone closer to a whisper than anything though enough to hopefully console his aunt; “You’re nothing like my father…-You loved him, that’s more than we can say for him towards any of us. I imagine you love your daughter all the same…-I may know you least of any of them, the others from my fathers time at the head of this damnable table, so to speak. Still, if you’re anything like me….” He paused, considering what exactly it was that he was saying and knowing quickly enough that it was the truth deep down, “You’ll bare the hatred to do what’s right for them yes?”.

You may not think it but in this world, in Otara…-There are fewer places as safe as this”, he wasn’t speaking out of favoritism but rather facts which Cassandra put in place, the lengths she went to in order to keep her children safe beyond the means that Karne himself was capable of. “There’s a certain boundary around these grounds that keep the mortals from finding us unless we so wish them to know, people such as my human brother, Soul. Exceptions only allowed by those already of this land. You, Kenshu, Myself and my children…”.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Tue 10 May 2016, 17:05

Lita laughed softly " I don't want her to hate me Karne .... I don't want to be like you and Marcus, hell the whole reason for staying away is so the toxic land was to try and keep it from seeping into her bones like it did mine and the rest of the family" Wrinkling her nose she stopped dead when he said Marcus was gone.

"What do you mean taken exactly? He is with the destroyers Karne is he not..." when he moved on she let him speak, she couldn't railroad the man into giving her answers. " I didn't just love him Karne I love all my family, you included, just in my own way. And I am sorry you feel your kids despise you, I am sure it is not near as bad as you believe."

She paused for a moment before she continued " I will do anything within my power to protect her, and I will take the hate I deserve but I hope we can work through this eventually"

Her thoughts drifted to Casandra when he told her the manor was safe " Trust me I know the house is safe, Cassandra ensured it was, it is why i sent her here after the mess at our home."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 17 May 2016, 10:06

Family is a fickle thing Lita…” Karne replied suddenly coldly, as if all his resentments for the past had just been rejuvenated, “My father lost his way and forgot what was important in the existence that we lead, his ‘Immortality’ became his incentive and that lead to his inability to show me or Sophia any different…-When we were around, this place was not a family, it was a sentence and we counted the days until it would eventually kill us…” He bobbed his head side to side before finishing quickly, “I ensured it killed him before it did myself or my Sister though for what little I knew, Sophia was taken from us in the end regardless…-such is the weight the old Covenant carries”.

If you want your daughter to be happy, forget KnOT…-Forget everything you took part of in that Covenant, it’s not a clan of Vampires anymore, it’s about those we care about enough to die for to protect and given the humans capacity for killing vampires these days, keep her close to this place…” Karne drew back upon the cigarette in his right hand, taking in a longing drag and expelling the smoke as easily as he’d thought to have rid himself of the past. Naturally everything catches up, one day or another.

Kenshu will get over it…” He added, thinking on the immediate going on around them, “Too much has been lost to this family for her to hold a grudge, you’ve both suffered. There is no one left in this family who is innocent, nor a soul still among us who know a life not scarred”.

"...Oh and for the record, my children may despise me but I'll still fight and lose everything else before I allow them to be taken from us".

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Wed 25 May 2016, 16:53

Lita laughed softly, everyone was fickle, but she cared for them none the less. He went on to talk about KnOT and his short comings, its true he was a terrible father, but he was there for her through the years. "Its not the covenant that holds all the weight Karne, what were are holds a good deal of it also ... gone are the days where humans knew very little of what were are, now we are hunted 100 times worse then we did in, even when I was at my worst." she laughed sarcastically

Shaking her head she looked back to her nephew " I am not worried about her getting over me not telling her Karne ... i am worried about the why i kept it from her ... and when she discovers who Pippa's dad is." blowing out hot air she stretched out. The grass beneath her was cool and the dew dropped glistening in the light.

" They only dislike you Karne because they dont know you, and no parent is liked by their teenage kids. I had hoped to get at a few more years before she hated me but then what part of life ever goes our way... " looking back towards Death Manor as she lost herself in her thoughts.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sun 29 May 2016, 07:59

“Our kind are hunted because of those old times, Lita…” Karne more or less whispered under his breath, his tone cold and dry, “He went well beyond the veil of the night, leaving himself in open view for all the humans to see that they were not alone, that there was something else in the darkness that they could control and because of my father’s self-righteousness, hundreds of us have been slaughtered to date…-There’s nothing to admire about the past, not in him” He spoke so resentfully of KnOT, turning to look back to his aunt hoping that she’d be able to find the truth behind his broken past with the Covenant.

I am trying to change things here, trying to build a family that isn’t all completely lost to us. My Children, or atleast Hope will never understand what we’ve seen in our time, she’s already seen to much in hers to be able to comprehend what lead people like you and I to become so cold…” Karne took a long drag from his cigarette, his gaze veering off away from the older women only to look deep into the night and seeing little hope for their future, such was the reason for the recent meeting in Aurulent. “Ajax Matashina’s nearby. In Kalimorre…-I called the leaders of the other Covens together, we’re bringing back the Elder Covenant to salvage what’s not been taken from us yet…”.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top