Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

The perfect fit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The perfect fit

Post by Skymere on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 14:53

Skymere was sat in the middle of the clearing, finding this serene place to be a pretty perfect place for him to find him self. A large circle void of life other than the grassland under his feet. He had been around here and there but found his alliance with Ajax meant he always returned. He had spent a lot of his time back at the coven where he had first been brought to by Ajax. Sky sat slap bang in the middle of the clearing, sat cross legged with his hands down on the grass at either side of him. There were times when his abilities did what they wanted, and lately his control of them was lacking, so here he was, isolating himself and watching the grass around him die.

He twirled a patch of dead grass in one of his hands, looking at it with empty eyes. A few years ago, he would have thought of himself as nothing but a weapon, a plague, but he had met people since then, people who had giving him friendship, which to him still felt odd. But hi dreaded companion had always been and still worse the worst, bloody Jerry, no matter where he went that little shit was soon to follow and here he was now, invading Sky's peace and quiet with a bite to the back of the head, ''Oh really Jerry. You are about the only thing that I wish I could bloody kill.'' He laughed, pushing the beast away with a half grin.

Sky was aware he was not far away from where the Death-reigns lived, ever since he had first met the ghost of Cassandra, he felt like he should look out for her children. He could sense that bad things had happened here and in the surrounding areas, and perhaps that was part of what brought him here, that and he knew Ajax had summoned him. But whatever the case may have been, he was glad that he had found this little patch of land to make his own for now.

Skymere

Back to top Go down

Re: The perfect fit

Post by Shoebox on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 21:51

It had been a couple of months since Shoe had touched base with anyone from back 'home' Sky had been off doing his own thing and Shoe had felt no need to crowd him. Lacrimosa has started to crumble and he had not been able to catch up with any of the members that he knew from the Matashina coven, not that he knew many of them.
His last meaningful event had come in the form of helping a woman named Clara. Since then he had done some work for over privileged teenagers and one rather lonely baron.
The message from Ajax had come as a surprise to him but he would heed it, breaking all of his current ties he had left the baron in order to travel to a place named the Black Woods, the designated meeting spot. He had assumed Ajax had requested all remaining members there.  

Relocation was swift, his body misting into the nothingness before he appeared not to far from where his friend Skymere seemed to be, he had obviously beat him here.
Standing unseen for a few minutes he watched Jerry the Llama try and gnaw away at Sky's head. Eventually he couldn't help but roar with laughter as he slapped his knees before wondering over to pet the Llama while slapping his friend upon the shoulder.
“Hello to you both” the sparkle in his eye had returned, after a long time of joyless wondering he had again found humour in his friends without them even having to bat an eye to cause it, he had missed them.
“Are you the first to arrive? I am sure Ajax must have something important to tell us calling us out like this... I wonder what it could be”

Last edited by Shoebox on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 21:23; edited 1 time in total
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Sat 12 Nov 2016, 15:14

Sky's peace was not only disturbed by Jerry but by a familiar old laugh, Shoe. Sky looked up at Shoe as he approached with a raised brow. It had been a while since he had seen him, but they always seemed to come across each other eventually. Sky stared at the spot where Shoe had slapped his shoulder before brushing a hand over it and standing. ''And hello to you.'' He said with a small nod, ''I might not look it, but I am glad to see you Shoe.'' He said, knowing full well how he looked, like an emotionless toad. In truth, Sky hated his abilities, and lately they had been doing what they wanted. Shoe was the only thing alive that Sky had come across that could help him tame them.

Sky brought his arms up above his head and stretched a moment, ''Hmm, perhaps we are to relocate.'' That could mean anything, Lacrimosa was all but dust now an they needed somewhere new or perhaps Ajax had a job for them to do. Skymere was one of his soldiers after all, although Sky found Ajax to be very respectful and he had long ago got past the thought that Ajax had just been using Sky as his trump card. ''I just found this place, I didn't realise we were to meet here.'' He said with a half smile, ''But it will do, at least I can't really kill anyone out here too easily.'' He said with a wink.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 15:36

Skymere brushed his shoulder after staring at it for a moment but Djinn did not let it bother him his laughter fading while he looked at his friend who had obviously seen better days in his absence.
Skymere was never able to communicate and touch others the way the rest of them were, only himself being some what immune to him. It must have been foreign feeling for Skymere on the rare occasion when Shoebox did chose to touch him.

As Sky stretched out in a way of trying to relax Shoe moved across to sit between his two friends, Jerry the Llama's head coming to rest upon Shoe's shoulder as he rose his hand for his fingers to curl in the fur coat of his neck to pet him as he considered what Skymere said.
Ajax had not given him any explanation and from what Sky said he had not given him any either. It was curious yet worrying at the same time, they could have come up with many ideas but he chose not to speculate any further.
He knew of the pain Ox Corp had been causing yet he was powerless to stop it. With all his strength there had to be a balance, he could not cast wishes with would benefit him and saving them all definitey  would.
"That is probably why the place was chosen. If you ask me I can subdue your powers for a while Skymere"

Last edited by Shoebox on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 21:04

Sky rolled his eyes as Jerry rested his head on Shoe and let him pet him without a single bite, ''Bollocks to you Jerry.'' He said with irritation undertone with humour, he was sure Jerry just liked to torment Sky, the sadistic bastard. Ah well, Shoe was about the only being that Jerry seemed to like. Sky had always thought that Shoe had made it so, some twisted joke to himself, also, a bastard. Sky half smiled to himself at that thought.

''Perhaps.'' Sky said, Ajax has always kept Sky close but at a distance at the same time, he was a ticking time bomb after all, without Shoe around anyway. ''You know that I would not ask you to do anything for me Shoe, but in this case, it might be best.'' Sky creased his brows to a frown, they were meeting here with other members of the coven, he presumed they had all been called, but even if they weren't, supressing his abilities for now would be a good thing. ''I will ask one thing of you though, give yourself something that you desire.'' He said with a small smile. Whenever Shoe did something for him, Sky said those exact words. He knew that Shoe had been used and abused for his entire existence, and so, this had become a sort of tradition to him.

Sky took in a breath and looked at Shoe, ''So, any interesting customers in your travels?'' He liked to hear some of the stories of these people, some were greedy and selfish, but the odd one was wishing for someone else. Humans were complicated things.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 20:55

Shoe laughed his usual throaty laugh when Skymere pulled his grumpy act at Jerry. The Llama and Sky's relationship had given Shoe nothing but giddy laughs since the day he had created the LLama for him. Despite Sky's hatred he knew deep down his friend would be lost without his nasty companion.
"What... It's like butter would not melt" he sniggered fluffing up the Llama's coat. "He is a sweet heart" he knew this would irritate Skymere and only further his own personal amusement at it all.

Skymere was right he had never asked Djinnshoe for anything unless it had been something unavoidable thought often Shoe wished he would ask for himself so they could have some fun and Sky could show him a different side of himself.

Moving his hand to Sky's forehead his friend would feel nothing but a glowing heat move through him as Shoe reigned in his powers and took temporary control of them to take the burden away from Skymere and give him one less thing to worry about.

Sky asked that he treated himself and Shoe smiled with a shrug. He always asked it and he knew the answer was always the same. His magic did not work that way he could not grant wished that would benefit him on a personal level.

"There were a few. This little fat Jamaican woman wished for a good pair of walking shoes" he shrugged. "It was a nice change. That was all she wanted. Nothing extravagant" he laughed at himself "I did what they call it... uh... Bejazelled them!" he grinned finding himself hilarious "she has the most sparkly shoes in town"
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Sat 26 Nov 2016, 19:39

Skymere tutted to himself as he watched Shoe with Jerry, but of course, even though he hated Jerry, he would not be the same without him now. He was a thing that Sky could not harm and would always be by his side, an odd pair sure, but they were family all the same. Sky felt the weight being lifted from him as Shoe supressed his abilities for now. It never lasted long and could never be permanent, they had tried everything but Sky would always be what he was, he would always bring death. But Shoe had given him some Hope at least, and more importantly had given him a friendship. He felt them being supressed within him, it always caused him pain, but he just closed his eyes and waited for the pain to stop.

''What is this.... bejazzled?'' Sky asked, not really knowing much of the modern world. By the look on Shoe's face it was something amusing, ''Well, whatever it is, I hope the little woman was happy.'' He smiled a little, it was nice to hear of someone not being greedy at least.

''I have a story for you Shoe.'' He said standing and walking to Shoe, ''In a rare time for me, I went to a pub and got very very drunk. I didn't even know I could get drunk, but it turns out I can. '' He then pulled the scarf from around his neck and pulled down the top of his shirt showing a tattoo of a reaper, ''Apparently the drunken me thought this would be a good idea.'' He said with a tilt of his head and an unimpressed raised brow. He knew that Shoe would probably appreciate the irony in the tattoo. Sky didn't, he knew he would stay away from getting drunk again any time soon.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 14:46

"Bejazzled.. oh its like making things sparkle with shiny jewels and things" he grinned nodding as Skymere said about the woman being happy. She certainly was when she realised her shoes were probably worth more money then she had earned in her entire life time and then some. "She was very happy indeed" he replied lying down now so he could look up at the stars that peeked from between the dusting of nigh time clouds. "Her little face sparkled as much as her shoes" he appreciated happiness but seldom understood the depths of emotion in most beings he came across.

"Oh you do?" He sat up and then stood to face Skymere who had moved to get closer to him. Shoe couldn't even remember the last time Sky had offered up a story or a tale about his travels so it had caught his interest.
A few things shocked him and he laughed at them all basically roaring when he looked at the tattoo now marking Sky for life.
Putting his hand against it he moved to take a closer look his own shoulders shaking with his laughter as he did.
"That is golden" he smiled moving away. "Not only can you drink, you got drunk and you didn't kill anyone. Good going" he chuckled looking again to where the tattoo was.
"Ahaha the grim reaper that is brilliant Sky, Really who ever knew you had a sense of humour"
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top