Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Chances

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chances

Post by Mikayla Nekishu on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 13:13

He handed her the sandwich and she looked at it in intimidation. She had been with Maylin to a cafe and they had eaten there but the food had been small and
pretty looking. This was a beast, the meat pouring out of the edges and the smell, oh the smell was like heaven. She stared at it for a while, she had never eaten so much in one go and she wondered whether she even could.
Growling loudly her stomach urged her to go on and she did. Taking a bite out of it she closed her eyes the sensation and the flavours over taking her in a wave delight. "Oh My God!" she mumbled into while chewing. She clearly had been missing out on a lot more then just her freedom.

He handed her a drink now and even though it looked totally disgusting she took it from him. If it was anything like the sandwich she would have no problem.
Ketzu seemed to think it would be gross but as she sipped it she was met with the same delight from before. All the flavours new to her, she had only ever been given bland food and very little of it. Anything with a strong taste had been withheld from her to give her the taste for blood in her fights.

She would have felt guilty as he sat down explaining that she had pretty much fucked things up for him but she was to involved in her sandwich to reply, only looking up at him when he started to come up with some sort of plan.
She had expected that he would either just leave or he would have expected some sort of repayment. The fact he said he would stick around was something she had not expected but so far he had helped her more then anyone else had so she nodded. Trust was something Mikayla was not ready to give, but she also knew at that moment she needed him.
"I won't.. No one" she nodded. If she knew what it was like to feel like a child she would have felt like her but her memory only ever consisted of bad ones, none of normal childhood.
"... Thanks" it was a strange word but she knew she ought to be saying it. "For helping me"

Mikayla Nekishu

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 13:37

Ketzu grinned a little as Mikayla seemed to like the protein mountain of a sandwich he had made her, good, at least she could start to build herself up and no longer look like a walking skeleton, it was so bloody unattractive to say the least. Ketzu looked back at the TV and laughed at a clip shown of an idiot human trying to do a stunt and failing spectacularly, ''Fucking cretin.'' He mumbled to himself.

''Good, because I don't fancy paying out for the hotel to clean a room with a murdered wolf in it.'' He said, no thank you. He nodded at her thanks, seeing it was a difficult thing for her to say, ''Thank me by returning the favour some day.'' He said trying to take the awkwardness away. ''I have a few questions for you, the people who had you imprisoned, what was their name?'' He was 99.5% sure it was Oxen, but he needed the confirmation. ''And were there others with you?'' He asked, she may not have known and answer to either question, but it was worth a shot. If it wasn't oxen and just some psychos, he could rip them apart with ease, but Oxen were a different story, they had been growing in power for quite some time now. So much so that it Ketzu had to be extra careful when he did a job, it was a pain in the arse, but he would rather keep his arse and not get on their radar.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikayla Nekishu on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 14:06

"I hope never to have to return the favour" she replied looking down at the sandwich as opposed to looking at him. She had lived a very hard life but at least when in her last pack she had been allowed to move around even if that meant she had been pitted against beasts larger then herself she had been able to fight and to kill, she had been able to feel emotions, she had interactions with others as heinous as they were.

Ox Corp had been different. Other then the testing she had been ignored, silence and confined for weeks on end unable to move around, unable to see or speak to another living being while her mind clawed at itself in the silence. The months with them had been the worst of her life and she had never expected anything to have been able to be worse then the life she had lived with the pack.

The thoughts creased her brow as she tried to push away the image of one of the doctors eyes, alost lifeless, totally uncaring to her crying out as he hurt her. He looked at her like an inanimate object and it was terrifying. To Ox Corp they were nothing but data and numbers.

His question forced her to look up at him with a sense that he wanted to some how avenge her. It was another frightening thought, she wouldn't be able to live with herself were the only person to have ever saved her to suffer because of her.
"They were humans. Like an army. Lots of technology I didn't understand. They never spoke to me other then to ask me questions or to tell me what to do, I don't know their names" she tried to keep it simple not wanting to cause more memories to cripple her. "There were others. I could hear them sometimes. When I escaped there were few of us but I did not see their faces, I was at the back. I fell and got washed away from them all... I don't know if they made it out"

Mikayla Nekishu

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 10:58

''Well let's hope not.'' He replied with a smirk, it was unlikely he would need her help in the future, but you never knew. He was a self admitted bad ass, but even bad asses could fall. Ketzu grew bored of the screen and switched off the Tv, he never really did like sitting and watching a screen for too long, he didn't know how some people sat there for hours, it was beyond him. But eating, well he could do that all day long. He stood and grabbed himself some more food from the kitchen area, then turned to face Mikayla as she seemed lost in her own thoughts. He tilted his head as he studied her and then broke the silence by popping open a bag of crisps.

He munched on the crisps as Mikayla tried to explain to him the best she could about the people who had her. He rolled his eyes and sighed, ''yea, that is Oxen.'' He said bitterly. ''They are called the Oxen corporation, they are military yeah and their soul mission is to wipe immortals from the earth.'' He explained, figuring she might want to know who had her all this time, ''They capture us, experiment on us, kill us. They want us dead, we are a threat to them you see. And humans don't like threats or things that they cannot explain with science.'' There was a time he heard they were trying to cure them, but them was a very wide range of things, but now, it seemed they just wanted them to be extinct. ''You see, humans never change. Years ago it was burning witches at the stakes or having slaves. Now it is the extinction of the supernatural. You are lucky, you and the others, that you have escaped them alive.'' He nodded, ''Be proud.'' He said, knowing just how lucky she was to be standing here.

''Now I can tell you much more, but you should get some sleep, let your body begin to heal. I'll be right here so don't worry.'' he said before munching some more and wandering back to the couch and throwing himself down on it.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikayla Nekishu on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 22:30

He seemed to be shoving food into his mouth non stop every time he had sat down, looking at him she wondered where it all went. She would have suspected he would have been as fat as a house but seemingly he could eat what ever he wanted and get away with it. Maybe it was a lycan or a vampire thing she didn't know, she had never had that amount of food available to her before.

He seemed to know who she was talking about when she explained and she listened to him as he put a name to the face of their organisation, they sounded just as horrible as they had been. She sighed inwardly knowing that they were so strong and so organised, it made her feel even more on edge knowing they had the resources and the power to track her down and find her probably pretty easily should they have decided they wanted to.

Chewing her sandwich she watched Ketzu as he seemed to try and sooth her about the whole thing, mentioning she should rest. She nodded finishing off her food before standing up. She ha actually never slept properly in a bed other and the thought seemed a strange one.

Standing up slow she steadied herself with her hand upon the back of the chair. Still damp from the shower she left little sprinkles of water from her hair but it did not bother her any as she offered him up a weak smile and did what he asked of her. Going through the the room he had indicated she lay down curling up within her towel she pulled the blanket over herself. Falling asleep the moment her eye lids shut out the light.

Mikayla Nekishu

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 17:03

Mikayla eventually made her way to bed, Ketzu watched her walk weakly away, he hoped she would heal up quick, it wouldn't be a good idea to stay here for too long before moving on. He had tried to inform her and calm her at the same time, but the truth was that Oxen were getting stronger and stronger by the day. He placed a hand behind his head as he leant back, feet up and the other hand going to his work phone. He began to scroll through the feeds and encrypted jobs that were becoming available. He did this for a while until trying and failing to fall asleep.

-------

It was morning, and Ketzu sat leaning on the back of a chair with breakfast cooked and waiting for Mikayla to wake. He had been up all night, keeping a look out and trying to map out places and see if he could find any information out about where she could go. Why he was helping her so much, he still didn't know, but then, anything to stop him from going back to the manor and putting up with Knigh, was worthwhile. But as he though that, he had sent his father a message last night asking him to meet, maybe Knigh knew of other wolves that could help her seen as Azariel was one. It was a long shot, but it was a start. It was also the first time he had spoken a single word or acknowledged his father's existence in any way since he had been back.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikayla Nekishu on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:39

The night proved to be empty her dreams coming and going in the darkness before she had chance to catch a hold of them. Pure fatigue burying her into a much deeper sleep then she would have every really allowed herself before. She had been injured many times, life threatening at some points yet she had never been hurt over such a stretch of time continually before and it had taken a lot out of her. It was a wonder that she had survived it at all. Looking as skeletal as she did.

She had slept longer then she had ever slept before but as she stirred she groaned yet even in her discomfort she did feel some what better then she had the day before.
Rolling over she found the towel had dried and stuck to her, peeling it away from her skin she grimaced and got to her feet before dressing herself as quickly as she could, leaving the room to find Ketzu once again.

Leaving the room her stomach growled at the scent of breakfast that met her. She held back her painful hunger until she had walked over to Ketzu who sat huddled over some maps. Looking down at it she joined him, though none of it made any sense to her, she had never been taught to read. everything she had learned she had taught herself.

"Morning, what are you doing?"

Mikayla Nekishu

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:12

''Umm, I'm eating breakfast and looking at a map?'' Ketzu said a little more grumpily than he had intended, it was kind of obvious what he was doing, wasn't it? ''Hmm, anyway,'' he said coughing to clear his throat, ''How did you sleep?'' He nearly said she still looked like shit, but decided not to point out the obvious, as that didn't seem to be her thing. ''There's plenty of food to eat if you are hungry.'' He said, gesturing his head to the kitchen table.

Ketzu scanned over the map once more before folding it away and tucking in to the inner pocket of the jacket he was wearing. He looked up at Mikayla and offered her a small half smile. ''So, my plan is to go out today, leave you here of course.'' He added, to reiterate that fact that it was not safe and if she died because of stupidity, all of this helping would have been a waste of his sweet time, ''I will meet a guy and see if I can find out about any other lycans around here who could help you. That okay with you?'' He asked, meeting her gaze, ''I mean, you can survive here without like burning the place down right?'' He briefly thought that he should maybe put some post it notes over shit she shouldn't touch or something, and if she couldn't read then hell he would just have to draw shit on stuff for her to understand.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikayla Nekishu on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 23:02

He sounded fed up of her as she spoke and she wished she had not said anything to him.
She was not a social creature and had never been shown or taught how to interact with others yet she could pick up the obvious annoyance he was showing. Did she not owe him so much for his help she probably would have said something about the way he replied to her yet she stood in silence until he asked her a question.
"I slept... well" it felt strange to be asked, even stranger to imagine that he might actually care about the answer.
"Wish I got dressed before though, the towel was stuck to me" she shrugged, not knowing that was probably an over share.

At the offer of food she walked over and grabbed herself a drink and a plate of eggs. Returning towards him she sat down putting the plate on her legs instead of the table so not to disturb Ketzu and his map reading. The last thing she wanted was for him to start moaning at her about that. But he folded it away anyway.

He spoke of his plan for the day and she nodded. It was daunting to think she would be alone knowing that the soldiers might be looking for her yet she also refused to let herself rely on anyone, even Ketzu. She would be fine, sooner or later she would have to fend for herself. It's not like she had anyone to go to.

"I'll be fine. I won't do anything" she replied. She would probably just eat and sleep anyway being far off physically fit.
"No burning"

Mikayla Nekishu

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 15:26

Ketzu remained silent for a moment as he second guessed leaving her to his own devices, but as his phone continuously vibrated in his pocket he sighed, ''Alright, well do not open this door or answer the phone for anyone okay? I will be back in a few hours. If I am not back by after sundown then call this number.'' He said handing her a plain business card with a number on it, ''use the phone over there.'' He said pointing to the mobile he had left on the table. ''Just type in the numbers and press the little green phone icon.'' He added before turning to the door. ''Right well, see ya later.''
------

Ketzu walked the streets and made his way into the town, making sure he wasn't being tailed in any way. The best way to do that was to be on foot in his case, he was faster than a car if he needed to be.
 He made his way to a local tavern which he new many an immortal visited. He bought himself a drink and sat down, getting his phone out to attempt to phone Knigh but hesitating, he didn't want to talk to him let alone acknowledge him at the moment. He sat back and tapped a finger on the table top, taking a gulp of his drink thinking about who to go to next. He could fine Kenshu, she knew his mother, maybe she was the better option than Knigh.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Knigh on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 20:12

He had been waiting weeks for word from his son and though he did not let it on it bothered Knigh that Ketzu was so upset with him that he seemed to have totally cut him out of his life.
He understood the anger, but Knigh had done what he thought was right, to protect them all Ketzu included.
Had he not gone and helped then Plague would have still been alive and countless others would have died, his son probably being one of the fatalities.
Everything he had done, he had done for the good of others, he had suffered and gone to great lengths to do so yet he had and continued to be hated for it.
It was a bitter pill to swallow yet he would not argue his case, nor would be ask for forgiveness from his son.
What was done was done and there was nothing he could do to change any of it, not that he would if given the chance.

The text message had been brief but it was something. Allowing Knigh to know where Ketzu had hauled himself up.
A brief explanation was enough to go on for Knigh to head out away from Death Manor and into the city of Arcane.
The fact his son had been hiding away in the very midst of Ox territory annoyed him, he should have known better but he had not replied, his annoyance pushed away for a later date.

Arriving where Ketzu had asked of him he grabbed his phone sending a text message back. He did not want to go barging in anywhere without being invited, he did not want to over step his mark again. This was Ketzu's shit show he was just along for the ride. He just hoped what ever trouble his son had gotten himself into he could get him out again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:05

As Ketzu sat back thinking about the people he knew who could help the girl, his phone buzzed on the table in front of him. He sighed and picked it up seeing the message from Knigh. ''Great.''  He rubbed the bridge of his nose and downed the rest of his drink before texting him back telling him his location. He knew he had to face him at some point, now, thanks to the little helpless wolf, he was being pushed into a corner too.

Ketzu ordered another drink and one for Knigh as he wasn't that much of an asshole, well maybe wasn't. He pulled out the map again and scanned over it as he waited for Knigh. He didn't know how well this was going to go, or not go, so he had to think ahead and decide where to go from here, he knew of some places from his time away and would look there he supposed, although some of the packs he had met then were far from trust worthy, they could lead to more, possibly. Ah this shit was giving him a headache, he had work to do, but now he felt obliged to help Mikayla. He would be glad when he could get her out of his hair.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Knigh on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:36

As it turned out Ketzu seemed to be in some public place he sighed as he looked at the address echoing Ketzu's 'Great' to himself as he moved off in the direction of the place.
It was not safe for those like them to be in such places any more and he was sure that Ketzu's face like he was probably plastered all over some wanted ads somewhere. He was risking them both being found out. Not that he wouldn't go to his son though. Ketzu had asked for help and it was the first time he had reached out to him for weeks he wasn't about to ignore him.

Finding his son he walked across to him and took a seat. Ketzu had ordered him a drink which he picked up. At least that was something even though he was not a big drinker he would drink it anyway.

Putting the glass back down his eyes did yet another sweep of the place before his attention went to his son properly.
"Ketzu" he nodded seeing his son was still sulking over everything that had happened.
At times like this he missed Az. She would have been able to sort this situation out and sooth over any argument between them all. He was at a loss when it came to such things.
"Are you alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleria on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 17:51

Needing to get back out there, to help those she could she decided tonight she would check out the little dive she'd heard rumors about. A place for immortals and surely gossip As to what was happening out in the streets. Anything she might hear could be useful and would be a distraction. She needed one.

It was cliche, but She wore black jeans black boots, c neck shirt and a cap to hide her wolven ears. She didn't want to were flashy clothing. Or to be noticed.

She took her time getting to the place, she didn't want to run into any soldiers and she needed to walk. Her mind was filled with so Many things, the latest was her almost hurting her friends. Before she could dwell to much the place came into view. She looked it over and frowned it looked...like a place she didn't want to walk into, but that didn't stop her. If there were answers, she needed to find them.

Opening the door her nose was assaulted by so many things it was overwhelming. Finding a table she Sat surveying the room trying to get a fill for the crowd. Soon her vision was blocked as a busty waitress in shortly shorts came to her table. "Welcome, what would you like to drink? Today's specials are...." the female began to rattle off names that Aleria could only associate with alcohol, what else could it be? Not a drinker she could only blink at the women. This was So not her skill set. She opened her mouth to answer and then closed it. Should she get something? She was more of a water or tea person...but..."um...let's go with..The third option..that sounds good. And I'll have the loaded nachos. The toppings Will be cheese, jalapenos, shredded chicken, lettuce, pic de Gallo, and guacamole please."

The waitress scribbled it all down and left to place her order and go to the bartender to get the beer. She was flirtatious as she was near a young male giving him a look before th bartender gave her the order bringing back to Aleria.

"Thanks" she said looking at the bottle and the imported name. After a moment the waitress also brought her a water. Thank goodnessnes, aleria thought to herself.

The beer smelled absolutely revolting, her stomach churned and in so pushing it to the side she sipped her water and settled comfortable in the chair as the chatter picked up around her.

Alleria

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 20:52

Ketzu sat leant back into his chair, tapping an impatient finger on the table top. He tutted to himself with a sigh as he glanced around, waiting. The place was fairly busy, most in here were humans with a few immortals dotted about, it was one of the safer places for their kind at the moment, Ketzu would be damned if the Oxen scum stopped him from enjoying a bar every now and again. He brushed his gaze over a woman obviously trying to draw as little attention to herself as possible in her attire. He looked from her to the waitress with a raised brow, it was like looking at water and beer, one was boring, the other well... he was a man after all. The water girl was ordering food which made Ketzu's stomach grumble. He sat up and bit and rubbed his stomach, watching the waitress come back past him with a small flirtatious smile to her.

Ketzu's smile disappeared as his watched Knigh come towards him and then sit. Knigh didn't say anything at first, simply had some of his drink and looked around. Ketzu just glared at him, looking as though it was taking everything he had to not murder him there and then. Ketzu leant forward a little, one hand resting against his cheek and the other wrapped around his drink. He frowned as Knigh finally spoke and then as he asked if he was alright out of nowhere Ketzu stood up fast and landed a nasty punch on Knigh's face. After everything, Ketzu did not want to hear that question from his father's mouth.

He sat back down without apology, ''I'm not here for a make up.'' He said sternly, ''I am after some information regarding my mother's former pack. Are there any still around and where are they located?'' He said, sliding the map towards Knigh, ignoring the fact that some people around them were staring at him due to his act of violence.  

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Knigh on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 13:09

As he replaced his drink his eyes darted around the bar. There was at least one other immortal there, the girl. He could see them a mile away, they always carried themselves differently from the humans. A little bit to upright, backs straighter and better formed then most human spines.
He didn't get a chance to pay her any more attention then his quick glance as the sound of Ketzu's chair moving had him looking at his son and his son's rapidly moving fist.
He didn't tense, he didn't try to counter it which he probably could have had he really wanted to, he simply took it his head twisting to the side from the force, the sound of a splintering cheek bone ringing out in his skull causing his eyes to narrow in pain.

Straightening out he adjusted himself in his chair, acting as though nothing at all had just happened. Other then a slight grind to his jaw and the quickly forming bruise it would have been impossible to tell he had just had a fist slammed against the side of his face.

"That was no attempt at making up, boy" he replied, his voice calm yet for those that knew him they would know full of threat. Ketzu was his son but he would not think twice about bashing some sense into his skull.

"You contacted me. You want something" he replied as Ketzu asked him about family.
Knigh knew none of them, he shrugged slowly his gaze quietly hostile looking upon all he had left of the woman he had loved. His son. What a disappointment of a father he had become, they could scarcely look at each other without contempt.

"I no none of them. There are many wolves in this city though. I could locate them with ease" his gaze moved to the female water drinker in a flicker then back to his son.
"They are not hard to find"

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleria on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 19:12

She had asked for the drink., simply to try to fit in better. All of them had some type of alcoholic beverage even the some of the waitresses was partaking, no doubt to get more tips, but she honestly couldn't do it. The smell alone killed it for her and She had never been one to partake. She felt as though her choosing not to drink raised even more suspicion, but there was nothing she could do about it now.

The seat she had chosen gave her the perfect view of the bar and also no one could sneak up behind her. The threat of oxen was everywhere and although she hadn't heard of them infiltrating this particular place, there was also a chance it could happen.

The chatter she picked up was talk about sports family or work life...to the point she ignored them.

She glanced up as the door opened and a tall male strode in. His aura and energy levels were different and as she watched him walk to the bar, sure enough he Sat with the other immortal in the room. The rest where just humans.

As the waitress brought her nachos se was thankful for that. At least now she'd have something to do and she was hungry. She thanked the woman and set out to demolish the stack of nachos with with the gooey cheese and the toppings, she was glad to see something other than a poor man's dinner of broth. Her body wanted her to dive in and eat fast but she New better. One chip at a time she Was about to bit into her third chip when a loud sound drew her attention to the males. She blinked once then went back to eating. Surprisingly the food was really good as She tuned back in to their conversation, being able to hear them quiet clearly. It was none of her business what they were talking about, and in know way did it set off alarms as to her search although the older one did say many wolves was in the city. Maybe once they had finished their business she asked where he had seen them perhaps there where others in n need of help that she could assist.

Her attire and demeanor was more to blend and hide from the humans, trying to hide from an immortal? That was a feat in and of it's self. She however wasn't trying to hide from them, these were hard times and she would help those That needed it. Her skills wasn't just for her pack or for wolves alone, she was healer and didn't discriminate, but that didn't mean she wasn't cautious of other immortals. She had heard of the war and that many were racists bigots still living in the olden days sticking to those ways of life.

The waitress came by and refilled her glass. She nodded and searched the tv as one was on the news and politics.

Alleria

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum