Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Restoring Lost bonds - COMPLETE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restoring Lost bonds - COMPLETE

Post by Phoenix on Sat 26 Nov 2016, 23:03

The letter addressed to Hope Death Reign had been sent a few hours before she arrived to the forest. It was simple, Sakura wanted to restore the bonds between the coven and her people as it had been with Sumi and Cassandra, Hope's mother. But before they could do that some healing needed to be encouraged.

It was that need for healing that brought her to the forest, she held honest answers to questions she was sure the family required. The family had been close to Sumi and in turn been close to Ryu, viewing him as one of their own in many ways.

Moving through the forest in the less formal yukata her steps appeared shuffled but it was the shoes that made the walk difficult. Reaching the old Oak tree she sighed softly, she had brought no blades, she would only have her powers should Hope decide to attack her but deep down she believed the girl would at least hear her out before she attacked.

Turning so her back faced the tree she bowed her head in thought as she waited, the high pony tail bobbed and fell to one side slightly hiding her face from any would be prying eyes.
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Re: Restoring Lost bonds - COMPLETE

Post by Cashan on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 00:33

H O P E . D E A T H - R E I G N
Vampire || Wraith

The letter Hope had received had come as a surprise and a dilemma for her. She hadn't expected a letter to arrive, let alone a letter from Jia from their so called leader. Ryu was their leader, not this imposter and Hope was in two minds whether to meet her or not. She could always meet her and destroy her and destroy everyone that came after her. That would certainly make the Elder Council reconsider their choice to exile Ryu. But then she thought of the merger with Ajax and what he had said to her. Could she really afford to make an enemy of Jia? She knew their army, Ryu had trained them himself and Hope knew what they were capable of. She was supposed to be preparing to rebuild her coven not create more enemies that would tear them down.

Reluctant, she made her way through the Black Woods, still questioning whether she was making the right decision or not. She knew that had she not shown up it would of been a sign of disrespect and as bad as cursing her out to her face. Living in Jia for a few years had taught her everything there was to know about their culture. She had completely immersed herself in his life and the workings of his people. Before the Eradication she never imagined that they would ever be apart. She thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with him. She could never of imagined back then that she would be faced with a life without him by her side, let alone face running a coven on her own one day. 

Bearing that in mind she made her way toward this girl who she did now know. In all Hope's time there she had never heard of this Sakura Makoto so how she had managed to replace Ryu she didn't know. Hope hadn't yet been fully convinced that Haru wasn't involved in the poisoning plot against Ryu. Her brother was the one who had been involved, Hope had every reason to doubt Haru. Unfortunately both her brother and Ryu chose to think with another part of their body instead of their heads. Hope on the other hand didn't trust Haru as far as she could throw her. No one was that nice, even her own mother wasn't that nice so Hope had a hard time believing her. Anyone who was trying to be that nice clearly had something to hide.

Approaching the Oak, Hope heard her heartbeat before she ever saw her. She was dressed simply. Jeans and her the leather jacket that she traditional wore. Her boots coming to just below her knee with her hair hanging loose around her face. She spotted the figure of the girl against the tree. As she took a closer look at the girl she was now certain that she didn't recognise the girl. It made her all the more cautious as to who this girl was and what she wanted. In the few years that Hope had been there she had no memory of her and yet this was the girl who had apparently taken over from Ryu? Hope was less than impressed but felt that she owed it to Ajax and the future of the coven to at least hear her out.

Stepping forward, Hope cleared her throat to make her presense known, keeping a reasonable distance between them. For all Hope knew this could of been a crazy ex-girlfriend out to kill her. It was unlikely but then again anything seemed possible these days. She stared at the girl, looking her up and down examining her. " Well, I'm here... what do you want? " she asked getting straight to the point as usual. She had no idea what this girl's intentions were and after the way Ryu was treated Hope really didn't have much time or patience to give her or the people of Jia.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 00:23

Time passed slowly for Sakura as she awaited the woman’s appearance, the council had advised her that Hope was the stronger willed of Cassandra's twins and with her history with Sumi's son she would most likely prove to be the hardest one to convince that the people simply had no choice.

When Ryu Cane choose a woman over the safety of his people he forfeited his right to their loyalty. Taking the blame for murder or even allowing them to believe he had murdered the heir of another tribe rather then killed him in self defence he had put the council in a position that forced them to choose stand with a murderer and go to war with another people, or remove him from power and protect the Jia people from a blood bath. They had chosen the people above him viewing his disloyalty as unforgivable.

Sakura was still annoyed with the council, by all rights Ryu should be leading her people, he was the biological heir damn the consequences. But she had no say, for now anyway, should he come to her she would pull every string she could find to get him back where he belonged and in doing so she would get back to doing what she was trained for, taking the jobs to ensure an influx of cash to the people. This was the first time back to Jia in almost 20 years having been trained with the other 4 elite.

Dusk had set in when she finally heard the silence descend on the forest, the woodland creatures more aware of the predator in their presence then Sakura herself but then that was why she was trained to pay attention to every detail. As Hope stepped out into view Sakura briefly met her eye. Bowing at almost a 45 degree angle as a mark of respect Sakura kept her tone even and friendly "Konbanwa Hope-san" returning to a straight standing position " Thank you for coming, I know you did not have to turn up but I needed to ensure you had the all the details and to also repeat the oath my mentor made to your mother about standing with your people whenever we are called..."
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 20:08

Vampire || Wraith

Hope was all to familiar with the customs of Ryu people and recognised the girls bow as one of respect. She, however did not feel she deserved it anymore. Once, as Ryu's partner she was greeted like that often as a sign of respect to him and the work she had done there. She had formed many bonds and when she lost Ryu, she lost friends and relationships she could never recover. His people were utterly devoted to him or so she thought until he turned up on her doorstep, exiled and without Haru. She had wondered what happened to his would be wife but she refused to ask. She couldn't bring herself to ask about her or his relationship with her, it was too painful even for her.

Out of respect Hope bowed her head in return but remained defensive still unsure as to this stranger's intentions. She obviously would of been more comfortable with someone she knew or at least recognised from Jia. She was certain she had never seen her before and why she was the chosen representative at this time, Hope didn't know but she really didn't care. Hope had her own feelings regarding Ryu but she could never say he was a bad leader, in fact he had been everything she was aspiring to be in the future as a leader. She couldn't imagine Ryu ever doing anything to jeopardise his position among his people and had to believe that they had betrayed him.

" You mentor? You mean Sumi? " Hope wanted to clarify beginning to understand why she had been sent. They were probably hoping for her mother to appear and re-establish a trade between the two. But unfortunately for them, Hope was not her mother. She was not one to forgive especially when they hurt someone she loved. " Unfortunately our standing was with Sumi and her son. " Hope recalled having no standing with this woman although she couldn't help but feel she was turning her back on those she did have a connection with in Jia. But she had her own family to think about now and more on the way. She didn't want to make an enemy of Jia but she wasn't sure she could trust her either.

" Sumi has passed and Ryu is currently under my roof and I don't even know you. So as much as I appriciate you coming here wanting to honor this oath, why would I want to trust someone who betrayed their leader? " she was trying to keep her voice calm despite wanting to spit the accusations at her in anger wanting to defend Ryu, not that it was her job anymore. Haru should have been the one to defend him not her but now when he needed her the most she was nowhere to be found or so it appeared. For all she knew Haru was just avoiding the manor and seeing Ryu outside the house to avoid her. She hated not knowing but up until now she had trying to mind her business and stay away from the topic of Ryu, Haru and Jia. But now she had been dragged into it and she had no choice but to face her feelings about Ryu and deal with Jia at the same time. Her past continued to haunt her no matter how much distance she tried to put between it and her.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 00:33

Sakura's eyes narrowed slightly when Hope mentioned her people betraying the man who had chosen a women over his people. Taking a breath she looked off to one side before returning her eyes to Hope " I understand that all is confusing for you, but i do not believe you are aware of all the facts ... if you are agreeable to listen to me, I will do my very best to explain it to you."

Watching Hope she hid the smirk when the girl crossed her arms and sighed dramatically. Taking that as the woman's way of allowing her to explain. Taking a weighted breath she begun " First my name is Sakura Makoto I am an orphan born to Jia, when I was 2 I was assigned to one of the Asashin Teams I have trained and worked with them since then raised to defend my people when needed but to also bring in extra income for the people, upon Ryu's banishment we were called back to the village to take part in the Leader Games. When I was the only one to complete the four trials I was made leader of the people. It is my hope that I can strengthen my peoples ties to those we once had strong bonds with...."

Looking away she was unable to look the woman in the eye as she murmured the next part " Hope-san It was not us that betrayed Ryu, it was Ryu who choose Haru-san over his own people" turning to look at Hope she finished off her eyes series " He choose her over the safety of his people both young and old, for that the elders could not let him continue as our leader."

Letting go a breath she had not realised she was holding she crossed her arms " I am sorry to be the one to bring this difficult news to you, it was not my wish to bring news that may hurt you..."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 18:39

Vampire || Wraith

Hope clearly had little patience for the girl who stood before her claiming to lead Jia. Ryu was the rightful leader, by blood and by example. They weren't only betraying him but his mother and they're whole bloodline, although she didn't care Dakhia after he had tied her up and tortured her in the desert. She didn't care how he hurt her, he would never betray his people. His people were everything to him, he had sacrificed everything for them and she knew there was no way he would have left them without a fight. The Ryu she knew and loved even to this day, was completely selfless and she couldn't believe that he left there willingly. But for the sake of peace, she would hear her out.

Having lived in Jia for some time, Hope had heard of the Asashin teams but never actually met one of them. As far as she Could remember they were some kind of specialized group trained away from Jia and entrusted with their protection. What they protected Jia from she wasn't sure and she didn't care enough to find out. She also didn't really care to hear the girl's entire life story. It didn't matter to Hope who she was or what these trials were. Ryu was their leader as his mother was before him. They had devoted their lives to these people and no trial or test could replicate that. It surprised Hope how strongly she felt about this but having been recently put in a similar position even though she was reluctant, she would be damned if she was going to let some nobody come in and take her spot.

But Hope's whole attitude was about to change as Sakura revealed the supposed truth about what had happened. At first, Hope seemed to have no reaction. She opened her mouth to argue that Ryu would never pick a woman over his people but she hesitated. Shutting her mouth as she began to process all that was said. When the first eradication happened, Hope knew she had to return home. But she also knew that he would never have followed her. So rather then put him in the position of her or his people, she made the decision for him. Partly because she loved him but also because she knew she couldn't live with the hurt it would have caused if he had chosen them over her. But that was nothing compared to what she was going through now. 

Part of her didn't want to believe it but the past made it so easy. Time and time again he had chosen Haru over her, he even demanded she leave when all she had done was nurse and protect him for days because she refused to help her. He had chosen that human girl over her, it wasn't that must of a stretch to believe he would choose her over his people. She hung her head for a moment, her hair falling down either side of her face as she tried to compose herself. She refused to show weakness at a time she needed to show strength for the sake of their new covenant. Lifting her head again, her cold facade had returned.

" I'm fine. " she lied as the girl apologized for delivering the news. " This doesn't change anything. " she said sounding somewhat ominous until further clarifying. " Jia was once my home, you're no enemy to me. " she added not wanting to make enemies of a people who had welcomed her once. Just because she had left Jia did not mean her heart was closed to it, as it was becoming to Ryu. " Thanks for coming out here but it would seem we both have people to take care of. " Hope turned to walk away but stopped to turn back to Sakura. She stood straight and then as Ryu had taught her, she bowed. Once upright again, she left. Sticking to the shadows cast by the trees, Hope made her way toward Deat Manor once again. Her mind reeling from what Sakura had said and what it truly meant. She stopped, no longer able to move as her anger boiled over to the point where a tree was toppled by her blow. Lowering to sit on the stomp, her hands clutched at her hair as she finally succumb to the one thing she swore never to do. She cried.

--- EXIT HOPE ---

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 18:57

Watching the young leader she was unable to prevent the guilt taking a hold of her secret heart, she was trained to be unfeeling, to not care but in that moment she couldn't help but feel for the woman. Bowing in return as the woman went to leave Sakura sighed gently.

Turning to walk away she whispered almost to herself " Saikyō no kokorode sae kizutsukeru to kanjiru ". Pausing when she heard the crack of wood splitting then the loud bang and shaking of the earth as the tree fell she stopped for one moment before continuing on allowing the woman her time to grieve for the love lost to the man's poor choices.

~~~ Exit Sakura~~~
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top