Cashan

Affiliates

Opening Moves ( Tag: Ajax )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opening Moves ( Tag: Ajax )

Post by Cashan on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 00:45

H O P E . D E A T H - R E I G N
Vampire || Wraith

A week had gone by and it was one of the longest weeks of Hope's life. She had spoken with everyone she could get in touch with. Her aunt, Knigh and Ketzu and most importantly her siblings about tonight. All had come to the same conclusion, that the coven merger was a positive thing and surprisingly she had been met with no opposition. Even her uncle Knigh had begrudgingly agreed to play nice or at least as nice as he played. So why had she sat in the library for over an hour staring at the flames still uncertain about her future. There was no denying the obvious positives it meant for both covens, she couldn't help but dwell on the personal implications. No one had asked her whether she had actually asked her whether she had wanted the job or not, except for Ajax of course who had offered to her in the first place. 

She wanted to do what was best for the family especially for her siblings but she knew how quickly these things could turn. Her family had a terrible history. Her grandfather had been murdered by his own blood. Karne, had abandoned all responsibility both in leadership and family, it did not bode well for her who had few role models to choose from. Her mother was the only stable figure in her life and she had been making deals with demons for years all in the name of protecting the family. What would she be forced to do in order to protect the family? What and who would she become in order to keep this family together? Even Ryu had suffered for his role. Hope had seen first hand what kind of leader he was. He was reliable, strong and an utterly devoted leader. He had sacrificed everything for his people and what had it gotten him? Exiled and all because he fell for the wrong girl and she tried to murder him. 

Sighing, she lay back into the deep seat and played with the glass of whiskey in her hand. She hadn't really drank any of it but it calmed her to have something in her hands while she thought. The wood crackled in the fireplace and listened out for the door knowing Ajax would arrive soon. He didn't seem like the kind to be late which meant time was running out and she was going to have an answer or him sooner rather then later and all he asked of her was that she had no doubts. But how could she not? There seemed to be no winning for her in this scenario. If she went ahead and even if everything worked out, she would be tied to the family indefinitely. No running off doing as she pleased. Despite being the leader she would have to answer to the coven for everything. Every decision she made would now not only effect herself but a coven full of people. Her life would no longer be her own.

But what were her other options. Refuse and possibly doom each Coven to extinction? No that most certainly was not an option. She had friends in Lacrimosa and all her family was here. She could not be responsible for anymore people that she loved dying. So was she to do this to save them and end up resenting them for the rest of her life and that's if she didn't somehow mess it up and have them turn against her or she didn't call it quits. No matter what way she looked at it, she lost. Maybe that was where KnOT went wrong. He had tried to beat the game. Maybe the truth of the game was there was no winning. Standing from the chair, she placed the glass down on a table and paced around the room a little. To the side there was a chess board and she ran her finger along the board till she reached the most important piece on the board. The Queen.

Taking the piece in her hand she smirked as she brushed her thumb along the smooth marble. Was she the Queen in this game? That would of made Ajax the King she supposed and the coven were the rooks. But that made her frown. The rooks were always the first to be lost on the board and Hope wasn't sure if she was prepared to sacrifice the pieces in order to win the game. But if not the rooks then who? The knights? Smiling she couldn't imagine anyone other than Knigh as her knight. Even the name was close. But as for the bishop she wasn't sure who would take the holier than thou position although Karne seemed to fit the bill but making him the bishop was giving him more credit then she was prepared to give him. Sighing, she placed the queen in it's rightful place on the board. Looking over to the other side of the board, she took a white rook and moved it. " Balls in my court.. " she muttered looking at the black pieces as she realised it was already too late. She was already in the game and she was already losing. The question now was what her next move was going to be and what pieces would get sarifised along the way to protect the Queen.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Moves ( Tag: Ajax )

Post by Ajax Matashina on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 22:14

It had been a busy week for Ajax, he had been back in Lacrimosa sorting out his affairs. He had spoken to all of the remaining members of the Matashina coven and had continued his search for any of the missing, sadly he had not been able to find any of the others, the loss of them all weighing heavily upon his mind but none as heavy as his sister whom he feared dead and his love Genevieve who he now also began to fear the same of.
He had been wrapping up his life in the city of Lacrimosa, packing away heirlooms for storage whilst closing off wing after wing of his mansion until eventually readying himself to say goodbye the the building he had called home for the last few decades. He had left cryptic notes for all those who were missing, giving them clues as to how to contact him. Getting the others sorted out he eventually found himself mournfully ready to turn his back upon his home.

Those who wanted to follow him had done the same thing. They were prepared and ready to make a move away at his word.
They were all ready to go with him now all he had to do was decide where they were going. By days end he would have an answer for them all.
He had planned to meet with Hope that afternoon to decide the fate of both the Death-Reign coven and the Matashina coven. Either way Matashina would be leaving Lacrimosa before they became totally over run by the human corporation. He was sure they would not survive another attack.

He had taken the at a leisurely pace for a vampire, many questions running through his mind as he crossed the lands but with all of those questions there was no hint of doubt. His concerns still stood but he knew that if only Hope believed in herself she could quash those concerns easily. He doubted nothing, it was the right decision for them all and he knew that with all of his being. He just hoped that Hope also saw it.
Seldom in the last hundred or more years had the Ancient felt the stir of nerves but as he neared the Death-Reign coven he felt the fluttering of them within the pit of his stomach. Their future rested in the hands of a vampire no where near turning her first century.
If someone else had come to him with the story he would have called them mad, yet here he was ready and more then willing to hand his power over to a youth.

Pausing at the door he rose his hand to knock but paused with a small smile, he knew Hope did not want him knocking, she wanted him to feel welcome and as though he could come and go at will. Against his nature he pushed the door open and made his way through the building. He found Hope within the library, it had been the place he had last seen her and once again he stood before her as she gazed upon a chess set.
“Good evening Hope” he smiled broadly raising his hand out for her hand so he could draw it up to his lips with a quick peck.
“You look like the weight of the world is upon you. Are you Alright?”

Ajax Matashina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 22:47

Vampire || Wraith

Hope was so engrossed in her own thoughts that she hadn't heard Ajax entering the house. She had expected him to knock as he always had but was pleasantly pleased to see that he was finally making himself at home in the manor. Of course there was the chance that he had only just began to treat this place like a home and he would be leaving it as quickly as he arrived depending on her answer. She looked away from the chess board, leaving her move unplayed and turned to Ajax with a smile. It was slightly forced as she pushed her nerves and concerns away but there was a genuine pleasure to see him especially now she knew that his actions and words were honest.

" Hey. " she said indicating to the chairs thinking it was polite to offer him a seat. Being he was probably the only real gentlemen Hope had ever met next to Roman, she tried to remember the few manners that her mother had tried to instill in her. " I'm fine. " she lied not wanting to be as emotional as she had been the last time they met. " I'm used to the weight. " she chuckled as though it was a joke. If that was the case the joke was on her as it was not a burden she wished to bear in the first place and now she was face with possible bearing for the rest of her life. Immortality had never seemed so long or infinite in her whole life until this week and it was clearly weighing on her as Ajax had noticed.

" Can I get you a drink Ajax? " she asked as she walked over to the small trolley that had a small stash of alcohol in it. Hope had yet to find a room in this house where there wasn't a hoard of booze. Even Karne's old bedroom now her bedroom, had a stash of alcohol in the bathroom. Granted most of the bottles were empty but still this family's dependency on alcohol was slightly concerning. If she was going to bring another bunch of people into the house she was going to have to tidy up and clear out KnOT's office or find a lock for it. Damn it, the more she thought about it the more it seemed like she had already come to a decision and yet she wasn't willing to say it out loud yet. Saying it would mean there was no turning back and Hope was clinging to what she deemed was the last of her freedom. 

Pouring him a drink and a fresh one for herself she walked back over to him and handed him his drink before she retook her seat. She sat with her legs tucked under her and stared at the fire for a moment before getting to the point with Ajax. She could never so small talk and she wasn't going to try now. " How did it go in Lacrimosa? " she asked dreading the answer. She had an idea of the death count from the information that Rulakh had managed to gather and she could only imagine what it must've felt like. Yes she had lost people but she had never lost so many or at the same time. How Ajax had managed to remain so cool in the face of such loss she didn't know. Maybe it was his age, maybe death became easier with time, more acceptable. Either way, she knew there was no way that she could of functioned nearly as well as he was right now. Even in the face of suh tragedy he was working to save those left rather then dwell on those who had passed. He had earned her respect for that alone.

Taking a sip of her drink, she decided to tell him how things had gone with the Death family. " I've spoken to everyone, well as many as I could. " she said knowing that there were plenty she had missed given the list of names she had collected from KnOT's journals. But she had spoken to to all those who were important to her. Kenshu, Knigh. Ketzu and of course her siblings who were surprisingly supportive of this whole thing. " They were all very supportive of the idea. " she said knowing that it would come as good news in terms of the merger but gave Hope no excuse to back out except for her own selfish reasons. " How did they take in Lacrimosa? " she asked trying to take an interest in his coven that could soon be apart of her own. He wanted her to treat them like she would her own, that was not going to happen overnight. She wasn't exactly known for being friendly but if she was going to make this work she at least had to make an effort. No more how futile it may seem.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Matashina on Sat 31 Dec 2016, 12:57

Every move Hope made seemed tense as though she were upon a bed of broken glass afraid to make the wrong move. He could have sighed at the sight of her but he remained unchanged as he walked towards the seat which Hope had indicated. Bowing his head he sat down folding his hands into his lap as he brooded to himself a moment over whether he had made the right decision it seemed to only have made Hope feel worse instead of giving her something to hope for in the future, he seemed to have made things worse for her some way and that was and would have never been his intention, he truly believed it was the best for all of them if they wished to survive the coming war.

“Bourbon, Please” usually he would not have gone for straight spirits when in a meeting yet Hope was not the only one suffering nerves, she was just the only one unable to hide it, age would allow her that ability. The future of his people as well as his future rested upon the answer of a young woman who looked just as conflicted as she had been the last time in which he had seen her.
Taking the drink as it was offered he nodded “Thank you” before replying to her question.

“It went the way I expected. The ones I found were in agreement with me that this is the way for us to move forward. Those that did not respectfully went their own way and we still have open channels of communication” he smiled feeling at ease when it came to his previous conversations with the Matashina members. “It will be a big transition for all concerned but they are willing and they will follow me, which means in time they are willing to try and follow you”

She spoke of her talking to her family and it seemed she had also met no opposition, he smiled yet he took no triumph in it, Hope was the one who he needed the answer from. She had not said yes and he knew it all hung on her choice, not the choice of the others. They had just made it more difficult for her to back out should that have been what she wanted to do.
“That's good”
She asked of Lacrimosa again and he smiled once more unsure if she were stalling the whole process.
“They took it in their stride. They always do”

Ajax Matashina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 17:48

Vampire || Wraith

As Hope handed Ajax the bourbon she couldn't help but think it wasn't his usual drink. It just didn't seem to fit. Port or a fine wine maybe but she gave him what he asked for while she cradled the same drink from before, the glass still full. She tried to make herself comfortable but found it difficult. Not because she wasn't comfortable with Ajax, on the contrary, she was as comfortable with him as she was her siblings. It wasn't usual for her. Trust was hard earned with her and just as easily lost when she was betrayed. But Ajax had faced more scrutiny than most. She had investigated him in every manner possible, she had even sent Ru to Lacrimosa. He had been a bit of a loose cannon of lately but he had come through for her when she needed him on this occasion, reaffirming everything that Ajax had previously disclosed to her. He had yet to give her a reason not to trust him.

He proceeded to tell her that things had well with his people. Something she had already known because of Rulakh. It seemed there was nothing stopping them from going ahead with this merger beside the fact that she had yet to actually agree, her hesitancy about accepting probably becoming more and more obvious to Ajax. She wasn't so cocky that she thought she could pull the wool over the eyes of a vampire many times her age. He was bound to have noticed her unease at the whole situation. It was not the persona she had ideally wanted to portray. She wanted to appear cool, calm and collected, as though she was actually capable of doing what it was he asking her to do. Finally taking a mouthful of her drink she silently contemplated.

Ajax's coven was prepared to leave their home and come here. Into her home where the only ones left standing were barely hitting twenty one if you didn't include Karne who seemed to have taken to permanent residence in Saints City with her mother. A problem she had to address and was completely avoiding right now. Her mother was a crazed human mess and in light of her condition, Hope was doing what she thought her mother would want her to do. Look after her siblings. Her mother's martyr's complex was legendary and beyond Hope's understanding. But she was doing her best to do what she thought was right. But what did she know? She was way out of her comfort zone with all of this. Blood runs was one thing but this level of responsibility was unlike anything she had to cope with before and Hope didn't think of herself as a natural leader. 

But as she sat and sipped her drink she thought about those she had met in Lacrimosa. Skymere for one, she didn't even know if he was alive and quite frankly she didn't want to ask. She couldn't make a rational decision if she was too busy grieving. But she had to take into consideration that the members of Ajax's coven far out aged hers. They had years of experience and knowledge that vastly outweighed hers. If they thought this was a viable plan then she had to agree. But she was an expert in the one factor that would make or break this whole deal. Her. She was a loose cannon, not quite like Rulakh but she wasn't exactly reliable. She was more of a do now and ask questions later kind of girl. She had a feeling that tactic wasn't going to be the best one moving forward. Unfortunately it was the only one she knew.

Looking away from her drink, she looked up at Ajax figuring that honesty was the policy. If they were going to work together she wanted him to know what he was getting himself into. At least that way he couldn't say he wasn't warned. " Look Ajax, I'm not going to pretend that I don't have my doubts. I do. My family is not exactly known for being friendly, neither am I. We can barely get along with ourselves let alone another coven of vampires. " Hope's outlook wasn't sounding optimistic but then again her mother mother was always the optimist. She was a realist and the reality was that the likelihood of this ending well was minimal at best. " and if we are both honest, we both know that I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. The only role model I've had ever had is my mother and what I've read in my grandfather's journals. Neither worked particularly well. " 

She paused for a moment, she wasn't particularly fond of admitting her short comings but she imagined that Ajax knew of all this anyway. " But despite all that. I want it to work. " she said accepting her fate. This merger offered her and her family the best chances of survival. She had seen what happened to desperate vampires, Kalimorre was the perfect example of that. She'd be damned if she was going to let that happen to her siblings. So she was just going to have to suck it up and get on with it. Declining this merger was not an option if she wanted her siblings to survive. Karne only seemed interested in their mother, she questioned Marcus's sanity and Destiny, although powerful, was terrified of her own abilities. The only reliable one thus far was Knigh and even he wasn't dependable as he came and went doing ... whatever it was Knigh did when he wasn't with them. This family needed a stable force  and it looked like it was going to have to be her. 

" I'll put in the work, I'll play nice if that's what's needed but you do realise who you're getting involved with right? Ox Corp are all over our asses, we don't have a great history with the lycans and that's not to mention that any enemies we have, will be your enemies. Judging from KnOT's journals, there's a lot of them. " Hope was being blunt and honest with Ajax as she expected him to be with her. She didn't care for beating around the bush or pleasantries. There was too much at stake. " If you can accept that, the good with the bad then, I'm in. " she said feeling some relief at having finally made a decision but instantly second guessing herself as she thought about every way this could go wrong. But she had committed to her decision and now the ball was in Ajax's court. He either accepted or left. Regardless, the burden was finally off her shoulders and maybe she would finally be able to sleep tonight.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Matashina on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:25

The silence played out before them for seemingly much longer then it actually took before Hope spoke to him. In this silence his mind wondered over two different scenarios. If Hope said yes he had plans in place the integration for the most part he knew would go smoothly. They would all stand a better choice. What played upon his mind would be Hope saying no, he would either try to guide her back to what he considered the right choice, debasing himself in order to protect both covens, he imagined himself begging her to see sense, all pride out the window as he lowered himself further then he had done before.
Or he would take it with withdrawn acceptance and leave Hope to her devices while ever keeping a watchful eye over the girl and her family to full-fill his promise to Karne.
Either way proved to be a sobering fantasy as he waited for Hope to finally put him out of his hidden misery.

She seemed to reticent in the face of everyone else agreeing and it made him wonder what she truly thought of him and whether she just hid her actual feelings towards him much better then he had expected. He hoped she trusted him as much as she had seemed to before, he had tried to prove himself, maybe more so then he had tried to prove himself to any other in the past.
Hope was a first for him, a possible new era in a very long and confusing life, if only she would accept his help and his loyalty, she would find herself with a family far superior to the one she had been used to. Combined they would all know the full potential of family loyalty.

At some point in his thoughts he had drifted his eye contact and had been looking into the clear spirit he had not more then sipped at. Hope speaking roused him from his thoughts and with her voice he lifted his gaze to once again meet hers. Her words not words he had expected to pass her lips, she was warning him, as though she had not considered that she had been the only one to do her homework. Ajax had known of the Death family for a long time, centuries even. His involvement may have been much more recent but he did know of their woes and their downfalls, he accepted them with open arms he could claim himself and his coven to be nothing more then imperfect.

She bounced from seeming on board with the whole thing to once again seeming unsure, admitting it at one point as she spoke. She tried to talk him out of it, or at least that was how it seemed to him. Maybe she had doubted his stubbornness or his willingness to go to the depths of hell to protect firstly his own coven but her coven as well. Joining them would only solidify them. He unlike her had no doubt about the joining, only doubts over minor details which he would hope to smooth out over time.

She was in... he had expected waves of elation and relief to wash over him in that moment but the way the conversation had gone proved to result in any feeling of victory for him. Hope did not seem happy and that didn't sit right with him, in fact it made him feel some what uncomfortable with the whole thing, like he had forced himself and his coven onto her and given her no real choice, just the illusion of choice.
It was sad and he found himself feeling joyless yet some what hopeful for their covens now that it had been agreed upon.

“I know very well what I am getting myself into here Hope. I would have never suggested a merger were I not sure. I would never risk my people or your people without thinking through every foreseeable angle of it... We all have enemies, we all have history. But that is of no concern to me. My concern if paving a way for the covens so they can actually have a future instead of the bleak deaths they certainly face if we face this war alone”

He placed his drink down and folded his hands into his lap before leaning back in his chair with a sigh, taking a more relaxed and much less formal seated position slightly slumped.
“You have me to guide you. Without doubt, without even the smallest shred of it. I am loyal to you all. I am unsure how to prove this to you, to ease the concern you so obviously feel. Your blood may have let you down, you may find trusting a difficult task but I assure you Hope that you can without doubt trust me.
Words are meaningless when it comes to trust, this I know. Actions are what prove trust and loyalty I just hope that you will in time feel more at ease with this then you do now”

He stood up then, defeated yet triumphant all at once, it was a strange mixture of emotions. Once again Hope was proving to him he had not felt all there was to feel, that life still held some small wonders.
“Do you wish me to leave?”

Ajax Matashina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:54

Vampire || Wraith

Hope couldn't deny that Ajax had a point. The way things had been going lately, Ox Corp was continuing to grow and spread. Demons had been haunting their family and even though Destiny had taken care of her father there was no way of knowing whether they were truly rid of that scourge, not yet anyway. Up until now they had been surviving but Hope didn't know for how much longer they could that. She and Knigh got lucky on the last blood run, she wasn't sure how much longer their luck would last. Not to mention the wards that guarded the house. Hoppe had no idea how the spell around the house worked or how long it would last for. If that spell broke then their only defense against Ox Corp was gone. The house would be wide open to their attacks and their numbers were too few to match their fire power. They didn't stand a chance as they stood now. 

She considered everything he shared with her, about how they all had historys. She wished she knew more about Ajax's history and the history of his coven. Unfortunately his age and prior history with her family gave him an advantage. Most f what she knew of her family was second hand. Read from journals and old books. Ajax, who had connections with her family would of been there to see it first hand whereas she, she barely knew members of her extended family. He had her at an unfair advantage and it made her feel uneasy. Despite having warned Ajax about their many enemies, Hoppe knew little of who they were. Now she would also have to consider the enemies he had made although she doubted his list was quite as extensive as hers.

But her thoughts were soon drawn from old enemies to the possible new ally before her. He was trying, reaching out to her but Hope didn't know how to reach back. She would sooner cut off the hand that fed her then leave it there to hurt her in the future. But that tactic was not going to work anymore, not with Ajax. He had done nothing to tell her that he couldn't be trusted yet but she knew all to well how people, especially people you cared about, could break your heart. An example of that was under her roof right now, a walking reminder of her heart ache and that was someone she had known since birth. Ajax had only recently come into her life and although he had a history with her family, she knew very little about him apart from the fact he would blindly get a tattoo when dared.

Ajax rose to his feet and asked her if she wished him to leave. " You should finish your drink. " she smiled as she tried to relax a little. Her decision had been made, she may as well sit back and accept it. She took another mouthful of her drink, her eyes once again wandering to the portrait of her grandfather over the fireplace. " I don't want to make the same mistakes that he did Ajax. " she said speaking honestly about her fears of leadership. " He made this family everything that it was and then he.. he fucked it up I guess. I mean I'm not stupid I've read his journal. Each chapter is more egotistical then the next but he was a good leader once. " Despite her grandfather's shortcomings there was a large part of Hope that respected him. He fought for his family, he stood his ground and removed all obstacles for his path. He was feared and that was something Hope admired greatly.

" But this family, it's got some fucked up legacy's. " Karne immediately came to mind. She wanted nothing more then to rid herself of the serge of her father. All he had ever brought them was false promises and pain and after seeing what he had done to Luca and Rulakh, she had no mercy for him in her heart. Much as he would have been toward KnOT. His life had ultimately been taken by his sons rather then an enemy's. The irony was that with Karne's behaviour Hope had come close to killing him herself. Instead, she'd let him live for her twins sake, a decision she still second guessed to this day. His only redeeming quality of late was the fact that he was putting up with her insane mortal mother. " I don't want to continue them. " she said genuinely. With their coven about to start a new chapter she did not want the ghosts of the past to haunt the present. She just didn't know how to stop them.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Matashina on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 13:41

Looking down at his drink as she replied to him he nodded drawing the glass up to his lips for a sip to indicate that he was obliging to her desire for him to stay for a short while longer.
Her gaze had moved again to the over powering portrait of KnOT Death, she had always seemed to look up to him from what he could see, he didn't fully understand it and he didn't try to, they were blood and he knew how strong some of those ties proved to be whether they were wanted or not.
Yet this time she spoke differently, she doubted the way that things had been done and she did not want to follow the same paths that her father and his father before him had done.
In Ajax opinion the Death men had not failed in lofting their coven up to a high standard, they just had not been able to keep it there. That was something he hoped to eventually help Hope do once again. Yet he knew that things had also been done wrong, very wrong. They had ruled in blood and there had been a lot more blood shed and pain then needed. Hope did not wish to continue pulling her coven and her family over the fallen corpses of friends and foes as they had been doing and for that he was glad even if she did doubt it.

“You will not walk the same path Hope” he turned his eyes back upon her yet moved a little further away to the window again. Looking out upon the land that she now claimed as her own he saw the potential, he imagined it as though the threats had beaten them and he saw a future for them all.
“You have me to guide you but you will probably find that in time you will not need that guidance nearly as much as you think you do. You are strong willed, you are smart you just need to come into yourself as a leader. Nothing you do will lead you down the same path, the same hunger that drove KnOT Death does not drive you in the same way. He wanted power beyond what he needed to have and it proved his down fall. You will protect our family and you will lead them towards better days” he was unsure how he could ease her here, of course he had no abilities to tell the future. He had no clue how everything would turn out. All he knew was that he trusted his gut when it came to Hope. If she could not help him lead them all away from ruin then no one could. Of that he was sure. Even Karne had seen that Hope had that potential otherwise he would not have asked.

“How soon would you like me to start bringing over my people?” he asked knowing that a lot of time now had to be made up for. They had to work together as a group in order for this to work. Coming to see each other as family would be what took the time, he didn't expect that to happen over night but relationships needed to be made and soon. Ox were getting no weaker but they were.
“We must have some sort of gathering, some happy atmosphere about the place. Bring the people together in a light hearted away. Ease them into the whole thing. What do you think?”

Ajax Matashina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 20:03

Vampire || Wraith

Hope had to wonder just how much of what Ajax was saying was true. She believed that he believed it, why else would he risk his coven otherwise. But how well did he really know her? Some things were obvious yes. Her stubbornness and strong will was no secret. Most could gather that within one conversation with her. Many had fallen victim to her ferocious tongue and there were not many who could change her mind once she had set it to something. But smart? How had he gotten that? She was indeed smart, smarter then she let most people know. She would rather be underestimated then have someone know all her strengths. It's why she had yet to inform anyone of Rulakh's return. If Karne found out the truth about what he had done to Soul, he would no doubt try to trap him again despite the fact that Hope had taken the weapon capable of that away from him. No, he would remain her secret for now, even from Ajax.

He was right about one thing though, what drove her and what drove her grandfather were very different. He wanted power, respect, to be the ultimate authority. What Hope wanted was far different although admittedly a bit more respect would have been nice. All she wanted was to keep her family safe. To have things like they once were in Rose Lodge when her biggest concern was how she was to sneak out of the house to get to her next party. She wanted peace, she wanted the ability to sleep at night without fear. To walk down a street without being shot at. She wanted the same for Marcus and Destiny. But it wasn't just about them anymore. Although they were her motive to embark on this endeavour, she was being reminded that her family was about to rapidly expand. " Our family... " she muttered to herself as though getting used to the phrase. " well they can't get much worse, can they? " she asked wondering what worse days would mean for their newly formed family and deciding it was better to not think about it.

Hope smirked to herself as Ajax spoke of a gathering. " A happy atmosphere in Death Manor? " she said finding it rather funny. She wasn't sure if Ajax knew what it was he was asking for. She wasn't sure the words happy had even been uttered in these walls, let alone used to describe them. " Well I suppose you are in luck Ajax because if there's one thing I know how to create it's an atmosphere. " she smiled trying to at least seem somewhat positive. If anything could cheer Hope up, it was a party. " You should bring them here as soon as possible. It's not safe in Lacrimosa as it stands. " she said genuinely  concerned about those left behind. She still had friends there, she did not know whether they were alive or dead but they were going to be family now, whether she was ready or not.

" I'll stay, get the house ready, organise the party. Warn everyone to play nice." she said not wanting Ajax to worry about anything on her end of things. He had to figure out how to get a troupe of vampires out of Lacrimosa without being further attacked by Oxen Corp. She wasn't sure about her ability to lead but she was certain about her abilities as a host. All Ajax had to do was get them there. " I can send some people with you if you need them. " she offered really only thinking of one person she could send who could actually be of any help, her uncle Knigh. But people sounded far better then person as an offer. " But the only thing you have to worry about is getting them here and making sure they have something nice to wear to dinner. " she smiled as she rose trying to appear more confident than she had done before. 

She had a lot to do before the party, most of which was dusting this place for a start. Not to mention learn to cook dinner for about twenty people. Not to mention get the supplies and necessities required to house that many people. Where the hell was she going to get bath towels for twenty people? Maybe she should have told Ajax to take his time with bringing his people here. But she reassured herself that given the conditions they were coming from they wouldn't mind sharing a few bath towels. " I'll have everything ready for when they arrive and that night we'll have a dinner. All of us, as a family. " she said, the words still sounding a little strange to her but she was hoping with time that she would grow more accustomed to the term. Besides, it was a great opportunity to use that large dining room for something other then late night drinking games.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Matashina on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 21:44

Hope mumbling the words 'Our family' to echo what he said did not go without him noticing yet he did not react. It would take some time for bonds to form and for everyone to gel together and an even longer amount of time before many of them would probably consider themselves to be family yet he would from the meeting call them that. If he believed it then eventually so would all of those who stayed on. He would treat one and all as he had treated his own family and his own coven before and he would now have to expect that Hope would do the same, it was what was needed for her to lead yet only time would tell. It was a large adjustment for them all.

Her attempt at positivity upon the mention of a gathering was received well and he smiled fondly at the idea of it all. It would give Hope something to focus on for a short period of time and it would give the rest of them something to look forward to whilst easing them all into each others company. He did not doubt that a party would please all concerned after having been though such tough and painful times.

He nodded at the mention of Lacrimosa being dangerous his smile fading away at the thought of it, getting everyone out would not be an issue as long as they all remained together. If they were to go separately that would be more concerning to him.
Hope seemed to have ideas and everything under control, which was reassuring and gave him less to worry about in the busy days ahead of him.

“That's not needed, but thank you” he was impressed with her offer of help though he knew she did not actually have the real numbers to offer it. That made him even more grateful that she had thought to ask. “Do not worry about us. I will get us across the city safe and sound” he intended to push himself if he had to, doing multiple illusions and guises to change the images of his coven. He had not done it at such a scale before but was confident he would be able to.

He started to prepare to leave his smile returning as Hope again tried to embrace the notion of family “Yes, as a family. That sounds wonderful”
He bowed his head and went to bid her farewell when he paused for a moment looking at the exit before looking back towards her, a glimpse of the profound mourning he felt fleeting across his features, the obsessive worry about those who he could not find momentarily ageing his appearance.
“Something light, something carefree. Yet at the same time respectful to those we have lost and those we can not find”  
Not often if ever did he allow his concerns to show upon hos features, but as he spoke of those fallen he did not try to hide how genuine that pain was, it would only insult those left behind.

Taking her hand he rose it up to his lips giving her a gentle kiss of respect, the pain fading from his glance as he offered her a somewhat lesser smile then before.
“Farewell Hope. I will see you soon”

--- END OF THREAD ---

Ajax Matashina

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top