Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Journal of Karne Death-Reign.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journal of Karne Death-Reign.

Post by Karne Reign on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 07:45

It is said that in the end of all things relevant to us, only then do we truly look back to the beginning and wish for an alternative truth. Could I forsake my memories, I would take great pride in such a delusion of a path that hadn’t led me this far. As I sit here at this table looking upon the mother of my children, she who twists and turns in her tormented sleep suffering over her own vile yet necessary actions of the past, do I begin to understand the nature of Immortal kind.

Everything that we dish out to the world, for whatever reason, good or bad, it always comes around. The life of my blood is an endless cycle of mistakes that all started not with my father but with his father, Nathaniel Crane and my Mother’s mother, Talan Lukavi-Reign. We are all Children of other Children who chose not the life they were brought into but have fought tooth and nail to survive it only to become the parents they so hated and send their own offspring into the same hell. It is true in a sense that our kind truly are cursed, though to what degree I do not know…

Going back to the Origin of the Vampire Race, I’ve seen my father’s studies and how much effort he put into denying his fate and striving to make this world his own. Part of me believes that he was so twisted by the betrayal of his father during Nathaniel’s turning, that in KnOT’s patricide he sealed his conscience away with his belief in whatever faith he had acquired during his mortal years…

There are so many assumptions surrounding the creation of our race. Ranging from ridiculous stories of “Dracula” to the much more in depth and darker secrets of the satanic cult that whisper of men so guilty of acts inhuman that in their death and sin they become the first, damned by God yet brought back by Satan to walk the earth as Undead, yet never sated in their desires. Whichever story is to be believed across the hundreds of theories spoken about the world, all stories turn our attention to this curse of the Vampire Kind. That we are forever damned, barred from heaven and refused by hell, our souls corrupted..

The Death Covenant is a product of this beginning, however it’s also my endless point of return. The Justification for my grudge against the world that never leads me to any relief but only further brings me down and pushes the cycle forward. Through defending my heritage, I have lost so many of those I have cared about; when I turned my eyes away from the Covenant but saw through it to look upon my family, I gained neutrality through my fathers eyes. The more I struggle to achieve my goals, the more I understand and the less time I have to appreciate it. Non-stop have I gone my life with some sort of objective in mind or something I’ve found important enough to kill for, so much I remember our father for being the same and in those pursuits, like he I had earned the condemnation of my peers, my allies (I've never had friends) and my family.

It is selfish of me to take relief out of this but in Hope's assumption of leadership, I am able to sit back and take life at a slower pace. Perhaps her success will override my failure to appreciate the smaller things in life whilst sitting at the head of the table. The Covenant has been with me for years, the Death Legacy is in my blood and I wanted not to give it up yet in my weakness I chose to opt out and against all our history, our discussions, I have faith in that Hope may have a better chance than I in standing alongside Ajax and the Matashina Covenant, bringing us all together reknewed in strength and able to hold our ground; maybe even take the fight back to the humans should that be their wish.

Cassandra stirs, her heart beats louder than her breath escaping her lips, I can hear her from across the room, it is a fire within me that I cannot distinguish; though that has always been the case with her. Not since Kyriana have I felt so strongly as I did when I first met Cassandra and now while our hands are painted with the blood of so many, I cannot help but feel even closer to her now knowing that she can understand the weight that's hanging over my shoulders. Years of failure, years of murder and the mindless slaughter of so many made out of desperation to protect our own and addmittedly my own gains in the process...

I know not if I am the one that Cassandra needs to recover but I remain the only one here and the only one so lost in her presence. It is unusual to see her so weak when we have fought and bickered over petty shit for so long...

I wonder if my grandchildren will one day come across my writings...I wonder what this family will look like in such a time, how many of us will be left walking this world?

Better the Devil you know, than the Angel you don't
Karne Reign

http://wolfmortum.boards.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Journal of Karne Death-Reign.

Post by Karne Reign on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 08:01

In the absence of the Death Manor, our home in the blackwood, I've been thinking a lot more upon my mothers side of the family, her and Sophie, our grandmother and the heritage we come from down that side of things. Reign was a name I chose to take up just to spite my father, claiming that it held more to me than the Death Covenant ever was, I was younger and it was a lie but I hold no regrets now with everyone gone. My children will carry both names with them but there are some things you just cannot say aloud, somethings that come so much easier on paper. Here I write and think little of it, the mind wanders and I find myself falling back on times of turmoil between my Sister and I, always ending with the same questions. What became of her and our Mother...

Arashi...-My mother. What a mindfuck, I could never tell if she hated me solely for the fact that I'm my fathers son or if I pissed her off to the point of abandoning me, all on my own. I hated her as much as I did KnOT, they both turned away from each other and put distance between Sophie and myself as well. We didn't know each other for so long, we came back to find one another as strangers and in some fucked up way, wound up fighting the same arguements as our parents probably did. If ever I had regrets, it would be that they could not instruct hope in the history of House Reign. I fumble but I know so little about it and searching for information on Talon comes up with so little, let alone the uncle...Or was it her grandfather that always hunted her...-There was something there that I could never grasp, a truth that KnOT refused to talk about...-What stories do I not know about our heritage that Sophie does, was that why she was so cold towards me or did I bring that upon myself.

She plunged a knife into my heart...-I will never forget that...-But I'm not sure if it's because of the scar she left on the outside as she walked away or if it's because I'm not ready to let go of our past. This family was always so fucked up, it's no wonder why my kids have wound up so damaged. I'm as much as failure as the ones that brought me into this life...

I am still here.

Still fighting for this family.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 08:22

With the Oxen Corporation winning the war over the Vampires and the rest of the so called "Immortal" Races, it begs the question of focus regarding our next ascension. Vampires have been at war for the majority of their existance, since long ago when the lycanthrope revolted against our hierarchy and sought to free themselves of their shackles that the first Elder Covenant had placed upon them. They'd proven capable of achieving much yet to enslave any race is to run the risk of an eventual uprising and that was what we got, what fueled the first of the blood fueds, ageless conflict that spanned years between our kinds; my father made his name for himself within the second and went on further to survive the third by the skin of his teeth. He betrayed the last Elder Covenant and put a halt to any further retaliatory strikes against the beasts of Shadowfang, it crippled his ability to rise up against his greatest foe, his most hated opponents and yet secured all of Arcane for the Death Family in the process. It was the act of treason against our kind and yet possibly the greatest selfless act he performed for our house.

I don't know if the kids have picked up on it yet in Ajax but his blood screams out to me when we are near one another, there is purity in his blood that depicts him as an Elder Vampire, one who has been given the blessing of a greater Vampire, perhaps a Lord of our race and ascended beyond typical ability and prowess; it goes without saying that he is the strongest presence within the Blackwood and this is what attracted me to the Matashina Covenant, sending Soul out to do some research around them and eventually bring us to the conclusion that we needed a meeting between the Covenants. To bring an elder Covenant into play, I did not fully expect that to work out but it gave us the door to meet with Ajax, gave us the moment to speak face to face and see for ourselves where the other stood. In him I found not only a sense of respect and loyalty towards our kind but also a quiet fury within him. He is not all so well held together and personally I am thankful of this, I could not trust someone who came away from the state of our people unscathed. A Leader of his own house, it just isn't possible for us to be without our flaws but I must say he hides his well...

Hope is the heir to the Death Covenant, she is the next step within our legacy yet paired with that of Ajax who holds the blood of the Elder Covenant within his veins, such an alliance could truly bolster the name of the group tenfold among the rest of our race. So few with this blood remain thanks to the humans and their reknewed hatred for us all. Under the guise of an Elder, all others obey because they know they are facing one far superior...-My father sought this blood but in taking it for himself, he cast his back upon tradition within our people and sold himself to the pursuit of power. My Aunts Lita, Victoria and Kenshu slowly began to pull away from him after that. Kenshu loved him still, she was twisted in her own sense before she met KnOT and though neither one of them were sane, their relationship was arguably closer than the rest of them...-Still my father pushed the boundaries and eventually saw to many of our members disbanding from the Covenant fearing where it would lead us...-And they were right to do so.

Rather than looking out for ourselves anymore, as I mentioned in one of my previous entries, stepping away from the head of our Covenant, I am able to appreciate other paths, other prospective directions that could work to benefit not only our own but those outside of our household in the Blackwood...

Our race remains in pieces, ferals have taken Kallimorre, my Mothers land...-Mindless creatures now, they even feed upon their own race, hiding in the shadows away from the heart of Ox-Corp in Arcane...

We need a win...

Our people need another Elder Covenant to help guide them out of this state of decay.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 00:41

There are things that I wanted for Hope and Marcus…-A life outside of this Covenant.

They were never meant to walk this path, Cassandra had always stood strongly against them having any part in the Death Covenant, She understood the darkness that it brought into the lives of others. She witnessed the first glimpse of it when my Father cut her Mother’s throat, followed by my cousins though I don’t recall their names.

Arcane was only supposed to be temporary, my first major defeat in Kyriana’s homeland turned my attention back upon my Father. Perhaps it was a envy, perhaps I was just angry that someone else had beat me and wanted a puppy to kill like some selfish little arrogant fuck…But Soul kept me grounded, yet also followed me here and suffered for it.

I wanted Hope to live a normal life, as normal as a Vampire could anyway. Make some friends her own age, not be stuck around associates of the Covenant and dragged under into their shit. Marcus I had hoped would grow into his own man, find the confidence myself and his grandfather have, though have his Mother’s intellect to know when his actions were going to keep him from fucking up, unlike us.

My son has never had it in him to be a leader of this Covenant, it wasn’t a life meant for him and the lives we live now never stopped to kick him down when he tried to pick himself up…He’s so sensitive and because of that, he suffers more than the rest of us…Nice guys always finish last in this world…

Hope…-Well, shit. She’s every bit a Death when you look at her, stubborn and spiteful when hard done by. She’s certainly got the temper yet I never wanted her to have to experience it…She idols my father and yet my father is the route to all of our problems in the world today. I’m glad Ajax is there to help mentor her, she will not listen to me and I cannot blame her for it. I’ve earned that.

Our race coming to light in this world was a mistake, we were never meant to step out from the Shadows.

We are public enemy number one and not only do the humans know it…

So do the other races.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:54

In this existance, people often forget the price that we pay for slaying another, for taking another life from this world. Coming from me this entry may perhaps seem out of character, mostly hypocritical considering the body count I'm responsible for. No different from my father, strength has often been weighed in the litres of blood that we've spilled but for all the fear or the amount of threat that we build up around ourselves in order to make the other races think twice about fucking with this family, this Covenant...-It becomes harder and harder to hide the pieces you have lost of yourself.

Killing hasn't always been easy for me. As a boy, I resented my father for his violent tendancies, his "encouragement" was the answer to my reluctance and they usually found us sparring each other in the yard behind the manor. Naturally this would end would me bloodied and some fucking lecture about how weakness could never be shown to our enemies.

The thing is that in this Covenant, even our friends were often treated as our enemies. Neither my father nor myself were good at treating people right, we often leaned on our women for their diplomacy. KnOT's way was ensuring everyone felt he was a threat big enough not to be deterred...-I realized at an early age that this didn't work but it never helped me to shed the instincts that he had raised in me, that talent for fighting; for killing.

I worry for my children, there are so many scenarios in which I fear for their future and yet this too is one of my reasons for concern. I've not spoken to Cassandra about them, she needs not have any more weight come down upon her shoulders, yet Marcus and Hope...-Even Destiny are all being consumed by this world, surrounded in the darkness of our own immortality, the creature habits of our own racial diversities. Hope is moving in the right direction, she's busying herself in Covenant Politics now and that will keep her head strong as she builds the convidence alongside Ajax to one day lead on her own if that's what she chooses. Despite this, I see so much of my resentments from my childhood under my father, when she looks at me...

Marcus too sees this, it hasn't gone passed him. He's a smart boy, capable of more than he will admit to himself; there's more of his mother in him than Hope. I pray this is his saving grace and that he never becomes accustomed to justifying the blood that he sheds of others...

Everything comes around in the end and as the new generation comes into fruition, I am allowed the grueling time to see this house move away from both mine and my fathers failures, heading into a new direction, one that should benefit the Matashina Covenant too, who have agree'd to merge with us. I'm not sure what this makes us in name but in strength, perhaps this will help us to outlast this time of war with the Humans. To find some way out...

It's near impossible to remember the person I was before I took my fathers head from his shoulders...-I wish someone had told him what a fucking idiot he was being and kept him from following through.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 05:51

The more I read into the history of the Elder Covenant, the more I find myself impressed with their methods and intrigued with some of their tools used to govern whilst not coming to kill one another in the process. For those with the elder blood, it is rare to find others like Ajax whom shares none of the bloodlust that my family has known. More concerned with the matters of those around him than his own path of power and prestige, he was the perfect candidate to mentor Hope into the leader she is to become.

Of course, things weren't always so simple in the centuries passed. The Elder Covenant did not always see eye to eye nor agree on the methods of their brethren. Certain precautions were taken to mediate between the members, ensuring that each had their fair impact upon the Vampire race of each corner of the world whilst not conflicting with the others.

The Chain of leadership among them was decided by the order of centuries that each of the Elders had to reside over. Those not actively governing, instead in hibernation, their bodies sustained with an intrevenous feeding system. The most minimum levels of blood dripfed to them during the long endless sleep to help them cope with the endless immortality that they held. Perhaps had KnOT had something of this sort then he would not have become so corrupted and seen to the desecration of all that he once fought so hard to protect...

Upon coming back into the conscious world, the body starved obviously leaves the Vampire in a dire state, thus requiring great amounts of blood to be feed back through him via tubes pumped directly into their veins. Over time they would return to full strength able to resume their leadership and mediate between the lesser covenants to ensure all remained civil between the families; The Death Family and the Matashina Covenant for example.

It is easy to see why the humans believe we sleep in coffins, these temporary tombs were very much shaped like the sort though their films seem to lack the greater truth, fortunately for our kinds survival.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 21:40

With the likes of Plague and Xaphan, I was forced to read further into my fathers notes on demonology...-The Destroyers forced us to acknowledge the presence of a God or God's (Which ever is to be believed, call it personal faith or whatever) yet Plague was the first one to spill blood and desecrate the veil between this life and the next...

These are questions I find so few answers too. How Plague and Xaphan created their own hell for example goes against all information I've been able to find comparing religious propaganda and the writings of KnOT and Loki...

Everyone knows the story, Satan, once an Angel was cast out from Heaven for trying to acquire the power and reverance of God. He who made man think of him as an all powerful King, yet imprisoned by the heavens within the lake of fire we know of as Hell.

Supposedly there are nine levels of hell, those of which people go to dependant on their lives spent in sin. Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, greed, wrath, heresy, Violence, Fraud and Treachery...

There's a great deal of argument surrounding why the God, or Gods would allow the realms of hell to interferre with the living world. Some claim it is a test of faith and virtue for mortals yet these said mortals barely knew of the existance of Vampires until we showed them otherwise. My conclusion, alike my fathers and other readings that I've come across is that with the taint of sin produced by humanity and Immortals alike, the darker the acts, the easier it becomes for demons to slip through. The earth itself holds no hallowed ground, it is a haven of depravity where as lucifer was cast from the heavens, a holy kingdom. Here on this world, we are all fair game and as clearly seen through the history of my father and Loki himself, the Holy War differs enormously from the human and Immortal fueds we know.

The six spears of the damnation...

Cain, the son of Adam and Eve. In the book of God the humans call the Bible, he killed his brother Abel and was consequently punished.

Nero, the emperor of Rome from AD54 to AD68. History depicts a man of tyranny, extravagance and immorality. His persecution of Christianity is widely known even in today thanks to the legends surrounding "the son of man" of which the faith Christianity was founded on.

Judas, one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. Out of fear for himself, Judas betrayed the mortal son of God (a demigod) and surrendered Christ and his apostles to the Roman Empire. Jesus was Crucified and Judas later took his own life.

Legion, was the name an insane man that Jesus apparently healed, had given himself. Legion means “many” and the man believed he was inhabited by many demons. Possessed in life, by accounts it seems his claim was true as he later became the fourth spear of Satan.

Belial, means “worthless”. There was an ancient Jewish myth about a demon called Belial. Also known as Beliar by some, this demon is supposedly the source of all malcontent and feelings of disdain. There are many stories surrounding this demon yet all point to the sons of beliar, man, forever lost within their own self consciousness.

Lucifer, is the Latin word meaning “morning star” or Venus. This is actually a depiction of Satan before he was cast out of the Heavens; thus the sixth spear is the Devil itself...

Neither Plague nor Xaphan are labelled here yet aside from these six, there are other varying 'levels' you might say, of demons. Those of strength and varying characteristics, some able to walk the earth while others merely serve or are otherwise trapped within the realm of hell.

I know not the title that these demons carry that signify any difference in their strength yet I've come to think of the higher demons as the Daedra, apparitions that transcend the spiritual veil to take on and possess the forms of other living inhabitants. Plague and Xaphan themselves did not require a host to make their presence known however and there still seems to be a great deal I don't understand. Especially regarding Mayhem and how they could have managed to break the conditions that God (Or the Gods) created for all lesser sentience.

Combating the likes of demons may well sound ridiculous yet here on earth, their kind hold no real power over the physical and living plain. They can manipulate people and they harbor a power we rightly don't understand yet that's not to say that they can control our world, nor do the laws that apply to them in hell, apply to them here. A Demon here on earth can be killed just as Immortals like Vampires can. Their physical bodies can be exhausted yet as they are essentially spiritual entities, they are forced to return from whence they came, only to recover and potentially strike again as Plague did so often. This would explain the length in time between his attacks on the Covenant, outside of whatever other agenda he may have held.

To completely destroy a demon however, to remove them from existence is another thing entirely...Plague was eradicated by Destiny, the child of rape between Cassandra and Plague himself. Destiny is a demigod, a girl birthed of human and spiritual DNA. Whether demonic or holy, the spiritual DNA shared with any human or physical birth of this world can result in a child with extremely unnatural talents. More so than Vampires or any other Immortal, these Demigods wield a portion of the power handed down by their spiritual parent. Destiny for example will have many similar talents that Plague held, though arguable to a lesser degree. She will grow up to become a danger to this Covenant if she is not able to control her abilities. It is my hope that I can convince Cassandra to return and guide her Daughter so that Destiny will grow with a conscience and a warm heart...-Least she kill everyone and follow in her fathers footsteps...

I'm not certain what allowed her to kill Plague, whether it was the blood she shared with him, the family traits or whether Plague simply didn't see it coming and she was strong enough to overpower him. What was done, was done within Mayhem however, on his own grounds. It is a feat I did not believe would happen, and it secured this Covenants future...

I do not know if I can love this one...-A constant reminder of what Plague did to Cassandra. It kills me every time and yet she is innocent of her fathers crimes against this house. I can only ask so much of myself...

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 09:58

There are moments where I'm wandering the Manor and seeing it as something entirely else, memories of a man who loved and protected his Brothers and Sisters, who cherished those close to him and who acted as if the people around him gave him the very power needed to lead the Covenant.

Many had looked up to my father. One of his original members founded the Death Dealers in his image, elite killers of the Covenant that would readily do the dirty work for the family so that the others need not worry.

We had that many people with us once, a full house with too few rooms to spare. Now it stands empty, save for the future members of the Matashina Covenant that might fill them once they come around to the merger...

It's a difficult thing to leave one houses Identity, to merge with anothers in order to become something greater than yourselves. There's an element of pride to it, along with great apprehension, generations of history being overuled for the desperation of survival.

We once owned the night, and we only feared that the Lycan would rise up to take us. They were our greatest rivals, they who spilled blood for countless years in the two great blood fueds. Born of similar descent, we were two peoples that could have collaborated, our very blood adaptable to theirs in such a way that hybrid's could be born into the world, stronger and faster than most, least the Elder Covenant had not stepped in and wiped them out before the two could come together...

That is the way of our people, to fight and to push everything else around us down. It's no wonder why KnOT was the way he was, born into Vampirism without a father nor sire to mold him into anything less than his own monster, he knew not the way of the old ones who survived for centuries before us without so much as a doubt from the mortals as to our existance...

My children know so little of our history, beyond that of the Death Covenant they do not understand the history of the Houses whom came before us, nor the traditions of the upper class and lower class Vampires, the different species among our people nor how my father managed to pull so many lowly vampires from the street, to elevate them above their born right in our world...-Had the Vampire Council had their way, KnOT, a man bitten by a feral Vampire would never have strayed into such power, such proprietry as to have Arcane fall into the hands of a turned rogue.

I'm forced to question just how much help he recieved from Loki, what did his position as the one come to be known as Auir, The Destroyer, have to do with his ascension...-Or was it the turning point of his collapse, where his obsession became to grand to mediate and he finally lost sight of what used to be important to him...

As a race, Vampires have lost their superiority over the world, we've been reduced to being mere animals in our struggle to maintaine bloodlines. Now we are no doubt as feral as the Lycan we had once sought to enslave, those that would eventually rebel...

There is so much that I would give, in order to take us back to those days...-The days where our presence in this world remained a mystery to the human kind, where my children might roam the nights carefree and without the need to sleep the daylight hours away with one eye open...For Cassandra to be the exception to our company, yet to know that while we remain, she might also live a life of her choosing, whatever that were to look like.

In an ideal world, I would not need to fear for my children, and they would not hate me for the things that I'd done trying to keep them safe....-From everyone, human, friend or foe.

...Safe, from me.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top