Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Family bonding (Kenshu)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family bonding (Kenshu)

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:39

It had been a long time since Karne and Kenshu had had any time to themselves. The recent evening spent in the company of a covenant Karne didn't rightly know save for Ajax had been an experience, yet hardly given him the time to make up for the months they'd lost as a family.

Kenshu knew Karne arguably better than anyone else around him, even going so far as to say she knew him instinctively more so than Cassandra did, though she came far closer than any other. The bond between Kenshu and him was complicated, an aunt and yet probably more of a motherly figure in his life than Arashi had ever been, she out of spite for Karne's resemblance and affiliation with KnOT and the Death Covenant.

The manor grounds were quiet, and Karne had made sure that Cassandra was secure enough to be on her own for a while. Given the hour of the evening, he expected she'd be asleep, her body still suffering under the mental weight of it all, out here he'd come with nothing taking precedent over there catch up.

And there was a shit load to catch up on...

Better the Devil you know, than the Angel you don't
Karne Reign

http://wolfmortum.boards.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Family bonding (Kenshu)

Post by Kenshu Death on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:18

For Kenshu the dinner had been an effort. Everything was new to all of them. Yet none if it was new for Kenshu. It had reminded her of better times. Times of noisy covens and foot steps in the halls, when chatter and laughter filled the air as companionships were common.
The Death family had once been as lively as the dinner had been, if not more so... Her time in the Matashina coven all those years ago had been similar. The Matashina coven had been huge, there were many and the dinners they had were great and as extravagant as the one Hope had provided.

So reminiscent of it all Kenshu had struggled. Vaughan had been with her then, as had her twin and her beloved brother. Despite all pains, all insanity and struggle back then her heart had been whole. Now all that remained of it was a torn and bloodied mess hidden and black within her chest.

Despite her hidden sorrow, the meal had been a success and she was very happy to see some of the faces she had known and missed, even if a few of those faces belonged to the Dimitru's a family she had once been apart of but now remained on the outside, strewn away like old waste.

If retreating was an option she probably would have, yet she stayed. It was her duty to the children and to Karne. She had let them down numerous times before and she refused to do so again.

Recently she had taken to wondering the woods as she often saw Marcus doing, his red flashes of hair regularly seen as he ran, or even Destiny as she strolled around in her happy little land of innocence.
It seemed many of them were at home in the elements and the same could have always been said for Kenshu, after all she had strong Elemental powers within her blood.

As usual the silence came, all creatures stopped their calls, falling still as she passed them by. Once she would have hated it but she had become used to it now. She was a threat to them and they knew it well, she wouldn't hold it against them and eventually they would get used to her and return to their sing song ways.

“Karne” he stood in a small clearing, the sound of trickling water between rocks of a small stream the only sound that accompanied him.
“Out for a little nature walk?”
She was glad he had come back to speak with her, so many things lay unspoken between them and she hoped to now air them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:52

"I guess you could say I was in the neighbourhood" Karne smiled briefly, it didn't last long yet it was sincere for seeing Kenshu roaming the grounds again.

"I've not been staying in the Black-Wood, Cassandra and I are holed up in the apartment I've got in Saints City, you might remember the one. I've kept it off the books for the rest of the Covenant though, only Hope's been there. She knows about her mother..." He bobbed his head to the right briefly in a moment of indifference, "I've made a mess of things Kenshu...-I've fucked things up something massive..." He crossed his arms over his chest, dropping his gaze and placing a cigarette to his lips, actions taken in the defense of himself.

He was relieved to have her there, it felt like a great weight off of his shoulders to have a member of the Covenant older than he was, as if his fathers generation had returned and he was young again, didn't have the burden of trying to control it all. He'd never done a good job at it to begin with, it had drowned him in a river of shit that he had not the oars to wade through. He had shirked his fathers lessons, thrown up his middle finger at the life he could've been guided down because he had felt rejected of the love of KnOT's, not having seen it from his mother and his sister remaining distanced, he had hoped as a child, he'd have been given more from his father than a violent dictatorship with no family interaction.

"I've gone and walked the same fucking path your brother did..." She might have noted he refused to call KnOT his father in that moment, not out of hostily but rather the need to swallow back his words, a lump caught in his throat for all the wealth of emotion that was buried inside of him and threatening to come about.

"I should never have brought the fight back here...-I never knew how to work well in this Covenant and now my children are paying for my fuck ups".

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshu Death on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:36

She returned his smile as she walked passed him to the source of the bubbling sound. Kneeling down she moved her hands into the water feeling it warm against her otherwise cold hands. “As was I”
An impatience she knew all to well ran through him as she watched the ripples around her flesh and before long he dove straight into it telling her exactly how he felt about things.
Finding out Hope knew all about her Mother's return was not something she would have guessed as she turned to look at her nephew as he spoke of messing things up. She nodded chewing upon a small part of her lower lip as she wondered what the implications were of Cass's return and how it would effect them all. She obviously was being kept away for a reason and that reason she devised was probably a cause for concern.

She let him finish, her reference to KnoT coming out as it so often did when Karne spoke to her. KnOT was to blame for a lot of things. He was to blame for the way Karne saw life but he was not to blame for the actions Karne had taken. He was his own man, his choices has been his own and he was correct, he had fucked up... But hadn't they all.

All this blame and all this crying about the past helped no one, it certainly did not help Karne nor did it change anything that had happened. His actions had come with consequences but that was the same for all of them and his never ending cycle of beating himself up about it until he withdrew not only damaged himself but it damaged those around him also.

She waved her fingers curling them through the air. “Stop thinking about what has happened. Stop pushing yourself into the past and start thinking about what may happen, what you want to happen and how you will move on from this point. The past is only good for stories, nothing more”

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:56

"I've already put things into play..." He replied quickly to Kenshu as she asked him what he wanted for the future, "Ajax and I have discussed things, I encouraged him to guide Hope as she steps forward to lead the Covenant in my place. For her interests, my part in it has been kept quiet...-Her and I aren't in the best of each others graces..." Karne glanced off, his shoulders tensing somewhat as he subconsciously showed off more of his frustration over the relationship he held with his daughter, than he'd meant to.

"The Matashina Covenant is merging with ours, they've agreed to it and we're trusting that the joining of the two will protect our kind from the human armies...-I've no place among them however..." He looked back to her, Karne felt nothing akin to warmth for the Matashina Covenant. It wasn't by any fault of theirs, he had become estranged from all peoples within his life, even his own flesh and blood. It was that isolation that had been built up in the defense of himself against all the failures he had caused. It was a vicious cycle of fucking up and then shutting out those that might have helped him mend the issues in his life, he'd been repeating this habit for years...

"Plague and Xaphan are gone, Plague was destroyed and without him, Xaphan's had no focus on the Covenant. I'm not even sure if he's aware that Cassandra's human again...-She herself is so fucked up at the moment, she's barely clinging on to what's reality and what's not. The trauma of the past has her borderline suicide and she's afraid to return to her children. She fears they hate her...-That's why I involved hope, for her medical expertise but in an attempt to try and get her to remind Cassandra of the good in her life...-Hope refused to wake her though..." his words seemed to unload on Kenshu, they came so fast that it almost seemed as though he was just firing one sentence off after another, the weight of all things just unraveling before her.

"Cass is relying on me at the moment, Hope can't take her attention away from the covenant so I've been staying in Saints City with her...".

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshu Death on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 13:13

He defended himself against her statement and she nodded standing up once again from the stream her hands wiping against her skirt as she looked him over. She had been wondering what his dealings were with it all. Even though Hope had been in charge she had very much doubted that Karne had not had some dealings or some say in the whole thing. After all the Coven had been handed down from him, it would have been unheard of for him to have simply just washed his hands of it all and done nothing. Especially when he had children within the coven that he considered to be in his care.

“Well that is good. The dinner was...nice” she replied quietly. She trusted Ajax Matashina and those who claimed loyalty to his name, They were good people and would not steer Hope wrong. The decision to work with them and merge was one Kenshu was glad for and would try to aid. It was the best for both families.

“Relationships are complicated things, yet you are still their father” she replied, Should he walk away from those children he would do nothing but regret it for the rest of his days, no matter how hard it was to face them.

The situation with Cass seemed to be a very complicated and messy thing She listened and in a way she felt proud that Karne had taken it head on and been there instead of dwelling on his own self pity or running from something so hard to deal with.
She had no real suggestions, it seemed he had tried his best and didn't feel like much had come of it.
Hope of course was probably suffering from a lot of conflicted feelings about her mother and Kenshu could understand her nervous reluctance to help Karne.

“She has been through a lot. Time can be a great healer...” she knew it could also be a great destroyer but she held those words. It was up to Cass and Cass alone to decide what time would be to her.
“What to you plan on doing then?” she questioned surely he had to have some sort of plan, he obviously could not keep doing what they had been going.
“Have you any clue what to do?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 13:24

Karne shook his head, honestly he'd been taking each day as they came hoping that he wouldn't fuck things up worse for them all. "It's all a series of hit and misses, Kenshu. I'm trying to give Cassandra the time she needs to come back to the kids but from Saint City, I can't be here with them to help guide them...-Not that they'd ask it of me. I've done some pretty terrible shit trying to do right for this house..." He didn't explain the story around Luca though it still played on his mind, it was a guilt that dragged him down every time the memory surfaced. He owned it, knew that he was the man he was, vile and dark, yet someone among them needed to be that guy, needed to make the decisions no one else would. They were justified at times, and often wound up seeing him hated yet his intentions had always been for the best of the Covenant. Luca simply had never been a part of the Death Covenant...-His only crime was loving the wrong women.

"Ajax can hold things down here...-When Cassandra's got a clearer picture of things, I'll bring Marcus into the fold so that he can visit his mother but the best judge of that will be Hope. She knows him better than I...How his head works, he's not like me or the old man, thank christ..." he shrugged somewhat, taking back another drag against the butt of the cigarette and turned to study her for a moment in consideration. "What do you suggest...-It's been so long since we had you around, it'd be nice to keep you this time. I could sure use your help, your advice...I've tried going this alone and only made things worse. The kids need to see a stable member of my fathers family and believe it or not that's you..." He smirked faintly, Kenshu having a pretty long history of being the complete opposite of stable, yet still among them all whom stil remained, she was the most fit to guide his children.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshu Death on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:24

He was doing his best, or at least what he thought was best and that was all she could really encourage him to do. She listened feeling some what proud that he had not washed his hands of the whole thing and fled as she knew would have been a much easier option for him and one many members of his blood line had chosen before him.

And then came the question she had feared. He wanted her to guide him through all of this. She wanted to but she could see no way to better the situation he found himself in. It was going to be traumatic for them all no matter what path they chose to take with it and she did not want to influence any decision having not seen Cass to see first hand what state she was in.

Chewing her lip she wrapped her arms about herself a cool breeze sweeping passed them as silence fell, Karne's plea for help hanging between them as the quiet stretched out.
It was a sad day when she was looked upon for stability. She had always been there for them all yet she had never really had any responsibilities other then those she had taken on herself.
She did badly want to help them all, so much so that it made her ache, if she could have taken away all of their pain and their confusion she would have in an instant no matter what the cost of that would have been. But she knew she could not.

“I don't think there is anything I can suggest that would make any of this better” she sighed finally breaking the subject.
“But I can tell you I don't plan on leaving you any time soon.. for what that is worth”

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:48

"Then perhaps I can simply ask you to keep an eye out for my Children..."

Karne shrunk his hands into his pockets, his shoulders lifting a moment in resignation as he looked to Kenshu hoping that she'd agree to that much. There was a wealth of experience in her, more than she gave herself credit for.

"You were there for my Father for over a century, you watched everything that he did, knew the Covenant inside and out..."

He added, reminding her just how long she'd been in this particular game, it was time that dwarfed Karne's lifespan both within and outside of the Death Family Covenant. He didn't like to ask for things, it wasn't something he was overly good at nor did his pride let him down easily for it but she was his aunt and possibly the only one he really trusted anymore.

"You know the Matashina Covenant intimately too. KnOT most often wrote about your being caught between the two of them, he seemed to think he had pushed you away to them...-It wouldn't honestly surprise me"

He bobbed his head to the right in a moment of indifference, fishing for his cigarettes to which he found in his breast pocket, plucking one from the pack and lighting it with an old zippo he'd found in his fathers office some years back.

"And...Maybe you can come to Saint City with me, see what exactly I'm dealing with, with Cassandra...-She's not the same person she was".

Then again there was also Clara to think about and hope probably needed a hand around the manor too. Even on the outside, Karne found himself looking after people, and as was typical for him, trying to do so while they all had next to no idea he was hoping to achieve something at all for their sakes.

"Clara's also on the verge...-After Soul's death, as well as Luca's, she's lost the plot...-I'm trying to keep her from offing herself, but I'm not sure how long I can distract her for...-She's seeing people that aren't there and she has no one watching over her save for me and Shoe...".

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshu Death on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 23:02

His disappointment was obvious, he had wanted her to have something more useful to say, or to know some way to soothe the situation he had found himself in and she wished that she did, that she didn't have to disappoint him but she saw no way to help him. If anything could help it was time. As Immortals theoretically they had plenty of that, Cass was no longer in that category. She frowned worry lacing her expression for a moment before she relaxed, making sure not to lose her focus upon the conversation.

“You should not feel the need to ask” her words were quick, her eyes flashing with annoyance for a split second before she smiled softening up “I am always willing and as long as I am able, I watch over all of you” seldom had she been forced to use her powers of late but she would use them without hesitation to protect her remaining family.

He used her history to drill in his request the comment about her brother twisting in her gut. Karne had read his journals, she had not.. she had never meant to make her brother feel her loyalty had been else where, the thought that there had been an unspoken wedge between them was an uncomfortable one. She would not have changed her time with the Matashina coven yet had she known KnOT had felt that way she would have at least gone to him.

It was all so very complicated. Tapping her fingers against her arms as she nodded, he was stretched thin, He needed help and she would not turn him away.
“I will go with you, yes” she wondered if it would help Cass to see her, or make her worse. Yet she would not deny his request.
“If Shoe is helping you with Clara, she will be fine” she pushed a smile. “He is odd yes, useful beyond measure, give him a chance”

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 10:22

"None of that's a bad thing Kenshu...".

Karne had caught the drop in her expression, he had brought up his father and in doing so he had recognized the sensitivity behind the subject given that it was originally Karne himself who had taken KnOT's head, a patricide.

"All I'm saying is that there's no one left in our family that knows better than you do. Lita's off doing her own thing, I haven't seen Vicky in years..." .

Victoria, aka Tears. He called her Vicky and it would probably shock Kenshu as Tears had refused to speak of her real name to most, yet to Karne she had. Perhaps it'd been out of guilt or sympathy, he didn't quite know but with all the women, Karne had a much better relationship with.

"My knowledge of the past is marred, I only had my fathers ledger to go on and even that won't have gone over all of it. You were all around for centuries before I came up in the world, half of my life was spent running from everything you had all built up...-You must see why this matters. My daughter is about to walk the same path KnOT did only I want her to have the guidence that my father never felt he did. Someone who cares, not as a friend but as an older sibling or some sort of parental figure...-She sure as hell doesn't see any of that in me...".

"Christ, then there's Destiny...-I know you're good with spirits but she's the daughter of the fucking anti-christ for all I know....-Do you even know how she came about?"

He asked in doubt, wondering if between the days where Cassandra was playing miss grim fucking reaper and otherwise playing house, whether or not she had told Kenshu of what had been going on.

"Plague forced himself on Cassandra..."

He nearly spat the words, it caused a fire to erupt within him and his eyes glared back at Kenshu before he realized how he might have appeared and turned away, stamping out those flames metaphorically, forcing himself to get a hold of himself.

"There's so much fucking shit going on..."

He hissed now, angry with himself that he seemed to be having so much trouble in dealing with it all. And no doubt Kenshu would try to act tough and tell him to man up and take control of his shit as she always did, as people around him most often always did expecting him to be the stubborn, pissed off bad guy one hundred percent of the time, as if he didn't struggle in his own way.

"And Marcus...-Fuck, he's the only one I'm not worried about. The poor cunt's so used to being on his own now and feeling like an outcast that I can't even tell if the isolation's bothering him anymore, he's just fallen into his own little world where he smiles everything off while staring through ya...-That boy's going to murder a school full of children one day...".

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshu Death on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:07

Karne once again has the whole weight of the world upon his shoulders. She had often seen him that way and she often wondered whether he knew he put that weight there.
Everyone was so fast to over look Karne because of the things he had done in the past. It was so easy for them to just see the bad, bad often dwarfed the good, yet she had always seen him for what he was.
A man trying to do the best he could. He had been misguided, he had been foolish. But when it came to his family he had always tried to do what he thought would keep them safe.

She sighed shaking her head to herself. He had followed in his father's foot steps in ways of blood yet he was nothing like him, in ways which Kenshu was glad for.

He worried so much for those around him that he had time and time again let it cripple him. And there was not all that much she could do about it.
He reeled off his worries about everyone and she nodded looking empathetic to it all, she also loved and worried for them all.

Walking across to her nephew she looked up at him, his stress radiating like heat. "Take a moment... slow down" she smiled softly "One moment. The world will not explode" she rose her hand to touch his shoulder.
"What will be, will be, all you can do is your best"

Back to top Go down

Post by Karne Reign on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 13:43

The plume of cigarette smoke that he forcibly exhumed from his dead lungs gave himself something to look at, the way that it rose up through the air like the dead wisps of fallen sentience, his head tilted back some as he continued to stare until it dissipated into the wind and he replaced it with yet another drag, fulling his body that didn't work, with toxins that couldn't harm him no matter how poisonous they were to the living world.

"I apologize...".

He remarked, very openly as if the fact was a rare occurance and yet he remained genuine. It wasn't often that he had the moment to be within someone's presence he could openly discuss his feelings with, and yet he had forgotten to be conscious of how much he let out to Kenshu at the same time. It seemed far too often that he was unloading onto her and it had occurred to him in the past that perhaps this was all she actually saw of him, a broken figure in the foreground of so many fucked up mistakes gone by.

"I've not got a lot to work with over here, I'll admit that much. Cassandra is perhaps my only redeeming factor anymore".

His tone had changed, taken on a calmer more reasonable form despite his certainty of the remark. No matter though, in the end perhaps he would convince Cass to trust in him enough to follow him back to the Manor, that the children might be allowed the opportunity to get to know their mother once again and then, Karne can...-Sit in the background and be thankful he hadn't fucked that up at least. Best case scenario in his mind, Cass not hating him and the kids having someone good in their lives. Everything else was already to far damaged to come back from.

"I don't suppose you've heard any rumors surrounding my Mother or Sister...?".

He asked out of the blue, glancing back down to his Aunt with a hint of hope. She was older and more experienced, wiser than he had ever been, thus there was the small chance that perhaps she had stumbled upon some news of the other side of his family. The one still above ground so to speak.

Karne Reign

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top