Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Winter Is Coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter Is Coming

Post by Winter Reid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 00:23

She stood to her paw's,"No I believe humans call them feet." Winter thought, a shake of her head producing long strands of white hair that pleasingly matched the color of her coat. Regardless of what she had been through, all of her memories were of humans praising her pelt with its glossy white color. That's why Harry and Jacklyn named her Winter, because "she looked like snow that fell in the deal of winter" they said. A smile was plastered to her face and eyes closed as she remembered her family, though it was soon followed by a pang of regret but she knew she couldn't go back. She was a danger and bad people would come where she was. Her smile faltering and sad eyes looking around, she found that she had nowhere else to go but she had to go somewhere.

Taking her first steps on human legs were difficult, the stability of all four legs supporting her gone now. Looking down the hill she could see the expanse of wilderness beyond her and a deep excitement rang within her chest as something foreign to her awakened. She left alive, was this what freedom felt like? What this what the while animals felt without chains and shackles to hold them back. While Harry and Jacklyn never tied her up or inhibited her freedom, life with them was slow and easy. She was served her meals every day, slept on any comfortable surface she pleased and was never spoken loudly to or hit. She was their beloved companion and she enjoyed her cozy life. But looking out at the wild before her made her blood sing in a way she couldn't explain.

Her first steps were slow, a walk that looked similar to that of a newborn deer but shortly she became strong on two legs. crystalline eyes sparkled as her walk turned into a run and she sprinted through the trees. The noises coming from the human looking girl were still wolf like in nature as she yipped and howled into the crisp fresh air, experiencing the exhilaration of a real run for the first time. This was great, she no longer envied the sounds of the howls far off, wishing to run with them into the night. She knew little of the dangers kind like her faced, ignorant to the real world but as she headed further into the darkness of the wild her dangers became less and less.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Is Coming

Post by Orchid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 01:16

Powerful wings beat freely over the skies of the forest. They were easy enough to see against the sky from below with their dark red collar along all the farthest except for the very top that were a snowy white. Ex's wings always reminded him of a kill made in the dead of winter and the fresh blood that would spill over the snow. Twin tails behind him that were as white a the top of his wings and tipped with brown were straight back as his matching brown legs were all tucked up underneath him. He never did know why it was in this form only that he could fly but did it ever feel like true freedom with the wind though his fur and feathers alike. His primarily white body made it easy to never get too hot no matter how high he flew, while his light brown underside held in any warmth close to his body when he needed it. Those wings were nothing short of a blessing, surly he owed them his life for whatever his sorry life was worth. Experiment after experiment, test after test, an yet his wings were a good enough excuse to be taught ,in secret, to fight. He didn't need much convincing to favor the humans after his own kind, at lest they seemed to watch out for each other unlike his own kind despite living in packs. How many wolves knew him before he was taken?

Oh speaking of wolf it sounded like one was near. Pausing his course he hovered in the air a moment ears trying to detect where the sound came from as his mismatched eyes scanned for a place to land in the forest bellow. Finding a nice clearing he dove suddenly and sharply. This was the one thing he wished he could have done in Oxen, fly, dive, turn, and just feel the wind and adrenaline that came with it. For any younger wolf this would have been a foolish moves but his wings were strong with all the tests they put him though, so maybe the captivity was a double edge sword. Just before hitting the ground Ex leveled off flapping a few times to adjust himself before lowering down the rest of the way and landing. Taking in the scents of the forest he snorted thinking of what troubles the wildness held before lifting his head and letting out a deep somewhat rough howl. He wasn't all that experienced at making the sound, why bother where he was? Still it got the point across and there he sat hoping it wouldn't take long for the first howler to answer, waiting was not something that he did easily.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 02:26

As her pace quickened, so did the ease in which she was running on two legs. As the forest thickened she  took glee with jumping over uplifted roots, dodging around large rocks and ducking beneath low bearing branches. She giggled and yelled into the night as the wind blew through her hair, taking in the scents of the forest with every breath of air. She would miss her family but this new freedom in the wild felt like home and every fiber in her body tingled with excitement as she explored.
After a while she had slowed to see her reflection in a pond, leaning over to peer at herself. Even without her fur, she still made for an odd looking human with snow white hair and blue and purple eyes. She had never seen a human like herself but then again, she wasn't human. There was a pink collar that still hung around her bare neck, the charm that hung loosely off it inscribed 'Winter' in pretty engraving. The thought of trying to reclaim her original form crossed her mind for the first time since she realized the change. Panic set in as she worried she would never fell the warmth of her pelt again, eyes closing she felt warmth pool on her cheeks as she cried and wished for her former form.
The change was instant, without effort and was done without knowing. Opening her eyes, the ground seemed much closer and two white paws took the place of where her hands had been. She yipped and danced with excitement yet again, this night filling her with all kinds of surprises. The collar settled back within its spot on the tuft of fur around her neck, standing out against her coat. She thought about taking it off, as she wasn't a 'pet' anymore but a sentimental spot hit her heart. "I will always be their companion." Winter thought, moving to look at her reflection once again.
The how that resonated through the trees was that of calling and she knew it right away, head snapping up with ears erect to listen off into the distance. It wasn't far, the sound coming from somewhere relatively close. Stepping back, Winter looked into the direction wondering if she should answer. Has someone noticed her here, had she done something wrong? Paws pranced anxiously as she pondered her choices. "This may be my only chance to meet someone other than humans.." She reasoned, deciding to go. As she walked with a steady pace through the forest, her growing anxiety caused a drop in the temperature in the immediate area around her. The warm night air was now a comfortable cool temperature and puffs of fog came with every breath. It made her feel more awake, aware of the area for some reason and she began to wonder if it was just a coincidence that cold weather seemed to follow her.
Nearing a clearing she spotted the one who called, a male, by his scent who stood boldly while waiting. She broke the treeline and stopped, hues of purple and blue swirling in her eyes as she appraised the stranger. She was a wolf of decent size, but her full coat made her look bigger. Words escaped her as Winter waited for this stranger to speak, why had he called her?
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 02:59

Tails moved up and down in opposite patterns as Ex waited and sighed. He ran over a few situations in his head as to what the wolf that uttered the happy howls he heard looked like. It sounded female for sure or maybe some male pup, and for some reason it sounded muted as if the howl did not emerge from a wolf. The male's fur rose and fell readjusted as he felt a chill in the air and his feathers did much the same as he adjusted his wings, holding them tightly against his body for warmth. A careful observer would notice them Stygian his body but in this light they could be easily mistaken for the rest of his white self. Lifting his head he made little puffs of air as it got colder as a way to pass the time. Everything was so scheduled and immediate in the lab, and the times of waiting were few and far between so he just HAD to do something to pas the time. Granted it really was a short wait before the scent of wolf came to him. He could hear soft footfalls and something else... a jingle? Humph, must have been a wolf with a fashion sence.

Oh well now, what was this little creature before him? White as snow like the wings and most of him with eyes that were almost the opposites of his. But what was that gaudy thing on her? A collar? And a name tag? Oops, maybe he was out of touch with his own kind and he called some stray mutt to him rather than one of his own. Then again she had the smell of wolf and what natural beast would let themselves be tamed... or wait, was that the pot calling the kettle black? As his red eye and blue eye met her vivid purple and blue hued eyes he adjusted his wings and nodded his head before speaking, glad the wolf had come to him rather than just answered him. Alright, he was on the first step to pulling off a grand mission but how should he start? He hadn't interacted with one of his kind since.... Well since puphood. And all he had to go on were the rough social graces of the ones who 'raised' him. "Collars, not exactly my choice of accessory but hey the pink looks good on you." Wow that was lame and even he knew it. Good thing he was in this form and his fur hid his blush. With a soft growl towards his own foolishness he went on. "But who am I to talk about fashion? Don't know much about it myself. But eh, like I said looks good. Pink really stands out. Kinda like red on me but that's really not a choice." Yep, still lame, if not lamer. Oh boy maybe he should have practiced some kind of speak before hand. Ok, time to switch to observation, she smelled somewhat of humans and not of all of the woods so... "You new here? I'm kinda new myself but know the lay of the land well enough to know the places you can stay well away from the humans who run over this land like a big old ant colony." There that was somewhat normal. Not that he could do much with weather he answered to keep the conversation going. Unless he shook the cobwebs out of his brain and though of something, anything more interesting to talk about so the next time he spoke he wouldn't put his paw in his mouth.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 04:24

His first words weren't much in the way of greeting, though the way he stumbled through the compliment if that what it could have been called, was endearing to say the least. She hadn't put much thought aside the sentimental value of the collar into it, would se be seen as something domesticated and unbelonging for wearing it? None the less, it was too late as of now, first impressions were made and she came across as a house pet. She wasnt sure how she would respond, maybe a proper 'Thank you' or something of the sorts but luckily he began to speak again, taking the worry of her response from her.
He began to ramble again on the collar, something about fashion, whatever that was and other colors. Winter looked on with somewhat of a perplexed look on her snowy face, head tilting just slightly off to the side. Surely he hadn't called her to talk about collars? He didn't even have one. The male seemed friendly enough as he almost held the same awkwardness to social interactions that she worried she would face. Her skills for interactions were based off the humans who owned her and their relationships with others. Freedom and the choice to be herself with someone was a foreign concept but everyone started somewhere.
The topic changed just like the temperature around her did, suddenly and without warning. The male went from talking nonsense to asking about her, throwing Winter for a loop. Slowly, paws moved her body forth as she came closer to get a closer view and speak with this stranger. She still wondered why he had called her, but she was patient. She waited foor him to finish speaking as he finally seemed satisfied with what he said, leaving her with the opening to speak. "Um, thank you about the collar, It was my gift from my companions.." she started, not wanting to be rude and ignore what he had first started on.
His second question brought some thought to her new situation, she was new to this lifestyle and she had no knowledge of the land or its inhabitants nor did she know where she would be staying for the time being. It was a troubling thought but she wasn't sure if she would just willingly place her life in the hands of a stranger considering the life she had come from. She was only silent a few moments before responding, "I'm coming from a..different..situation. I don't have a home and unfortunately I don't really know where I'll be going or staying." Winter started slowly, but first she wanted to know. "Who are you, why did you call upon me tonight? Do I know you somehow?" she asked, curiosity shining in her eyes.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 22:07

A sigh of relief practically escaped the male. Good his awkwardness didn't put her off enough to send her running for the hills and he even thanked her for the compliment! Sure he wasn't the smoothest but that was a good start. "I see, what a thoughtful gift then. Why not accessorize after all!" Though his voice were getting smoother his words clearly were not. "Enough already with the collar already. Get on with it." He thought to himself adjusting his wings again to try and calm himself down and stick to a half normal conversation. He gave a soft chuckle at her next words. "Aren't we all from somewhere different? I can't think of many packs that were made up of pups all born there. It's funny were pack animals but I don't think I haven't met one of us that wasn't somewhat nomadic." He gazed up at the sky at the end of his words in thought. Well maybe that was all a lie and he hadn't met any wolves any time close to now but he was a nomad in his youth wasn't he? "You'll find a place to stay I'm sure just avoid the city and human areas beyond the woods, its not a good place for any immortal right now wolf or no."

Humm... funny it did feel better to tell the truth than it did to make up some lye but surly it would feel even better to help out those he cared for but warning an immortal to stay away from them was't the best step towards that. That didn't mean he couldn't try and gather immortals in a 'safe' place then sever those he was loyal to. A light chuckle left him at the wolf's next questions. "No I do not know you, but hearing a howl so happy does make one want to find the source of a beautiful song. But I called you for a more important reason than that, in these dark days it's important to stick together. I'm a loner now but I want to at least lead as many friendly faces I meet to a safe place, maybe here in the forest maybe elsewhere in the wasteland. Honestly you are the first I met to try and carry out my task. Ah and you may call me Zack." Giving a fake name was better than explaining the name he gave himself plus a name like 'Exile' would make anyone suspicious. Sure an offer like that wasn't the best to make to someone you just met but he was new at this and it was the best idea he had so far.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 02:56

Winter raised a paw and lowered her head in a formal greeting similar to that of that she seen the humans doing. His name seemed normal, it was a name that said he was a person and her ears twitched as the name resonated within them. She felt self conscious about her own given title, the name she so fondly took pride in because it had come from her companions now seemed tainted. It was like an inward battle whether she should assume a new identity or embrace what little she had. "Thats a very nice name, Zack. Im Winter." she said, making her silent decision.
She pondered over what Zack had said to her, head tilting to the side. In her sleep she had dreamt of wolves running through the forest together but she had no real memory of that life, pack life. Her knowledge of what he spoke of was next to nothing but she tried to follow as best as she could. He seemed to hold a sense of awkwardness also, making her feel a tiny ounce of ease as the pressure she felt to be proper faded. It sounded like he was gathering a group, he mentioned safety a couple times which caused her gaze to drift off to the surrounding area in search of someone or something hiding in the distance.
Winter had to ask, stepping forward a few feet. "So, where is this safe place?" she asked, pressing further. "Who should we be safe from?" Her white tail curled swayed slightly and ears twitched upon her crown, waiting for the response from Zack. While she wasnt ready to follow some stranger blindly into a situation she didnt know about, her options were also limited and she needed to make the best out of every situation. He seemed nice enough but trust was something that didnt come easily with Winter as she had seen the harsh hand of many humans pretending to be kind at first.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 03:15

Returning the nod of her head he couldn't help but wonder what she thought of the name. It didn't look like she found anything suspicious about it but as she spoke it seemed she didn't. Good. " Thank you, though I'd say yours is nicer than mine, beautiful even. Though I wonder what your Parent's favorite season was." He said with a smile and light laugh making it clear he was only lightly teasing. "Jokes aside though, it does suit you, from that fur to your eyes you have a very 'wintery' vibe about you." A friendly smile found it's way to him more naturally than he thought possible.  In another time, in another life maybe acting could have been a thing for him. Although maybe he was a bit new at this for that and clumsy but he was good at making things up on the spot. Well for the most part, it did seem small talk would be his weakness. There wasn't much of a need to worry about that with her next questions since the answer would be truths they would come easy and maybe taste just a bit better in his mouths than the lies he gave.

Turing his head to the left he looked off no where in particular but pointed with hi nose. "As for where, off that way a ways. I found a few downed trees and made them some fallen friends, the vast majority of them all massive old thins. While they are down all in the same area form above no one would think anything of it, it's not all one big patch or anything and it looks pretty natural. These trees have old branches, roots and holes in them enough to make cosey dens here and there for anyone to rest and there is enough leaves and moss to make for pretty decent bedding. Not to mention the area around it is protected by brambles and everything close to the trees are covered in branches and dead leave o any foot fall in the area would be easily heard. No one can stealth there way in if they happen to find it." Pausing he turned back to her. "I know, I know, trees? More for the birds than wolves right? But it's spacious and warm. And well some of us feel pretty safe in the trees." Lifting his wings a bit he gave them a little flap as if for a demonstration. "Just don't calling me chicken now." The joke was pretty lame sure, but it held a little truth to it, he wasn't going to be fond of any bird nick names.

Pausing again he thought how to best to on. Time to make himself pretty convincing. "We should be safe from the ever present danger of Oxen." He practical spat the last word as if it was a bad taste in his mouth. "They want to wipe out immortals, we used to be respected and even fared but now we're the ones that need to go into hiding. " Ear fell back against this head as he let out a low growl before moving on. "Anyway let's not let them spoil our mood and meeting, If you'd like I can show you the way to the clearing. You don't have to stay you can branch out as far as you like but know you always have a safe place to go back to." Thinking over a moment his eyes lit up as he relied something. "'Branch' out form the trees! Now ain't that something?"  He had to laugh to himself a moment hoping his comment wasn't too lame.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 21:19

The male seemed friendly enough and even seemed to have a sense of humor, something Winter missed from her old companions. Jacklyn had always been a jokester, often even playing jokes with Winter and she missed the sound of the humans laughter filling the house they shared. She was naive and had little skills communicating so Zack came off to her as a nice person offering her something she didn't have. He complimented her Name which caused an involuntary wag of her tail and a small smile played on her muzzle. He was a charming male and her body began to relax its stance as he continues to speak.

Luckily, Zack seemed to be a talker so she gleefully let him carry most of their conversation, it was easier then showing her lack of knowledge to a wolf she just met. He was open with information towards the questions she asked but confusion still swarmed her mind as some of his terminology lost her. Crystalline eyes looked off in the direction that he motioned in, unable to see much past the darkened tree line. Head tilted to the side as he explained his dwellings, even turning back to explain again why they were in trees. Winter didn't interrupt but she didn't see any problems with what he had said, as her first captive dwelling was a fenced in area outside with a small round, plastic, shell to use as shelter. Her attention didn't turn back until the rustling of wings resonated through the small clearing, turning her head she looked back at the wings that had unfurled from the wolf and stared in both amazement and curiosity.

When she had been locked up outside under the drunks captivity, the birds had always been something she envied. They had such freedom with their flight, able to travel great distances and free from the cage she was stuck in. For the longest time, she didn't even have a name for these magnificent flying creatures but on walks with her companions, they had mentioned the name numerous times and Winter made the connection.  "I dont know what a Chicken is." she said softly, unsure of what she wasn't calling him but making mental note to exclude it as he seemed to not be fond of the name.. "How did you get wings? Are one of your parents birds?" She asked, innocently and inquisitively. "I've always envied the ones who can fly.." Winter confessed to Zack, unabashedly staring at the wings.

He moved the subject from his wings to something called Oxen corp quickly, taking Winter off guard as she again felt ignorant of this world she was newly thrust into. She wasn't sure why this group would want to hurt her but it sounded similar to the men who invaded her home with her companions. A soft whine escaped her maw as feet pranced worriedly while the anxiety mounted with Zacks explanation. She didn't divulge this information just yet as she barely knew this male, but that could be a story for later. Once he finished she looked again in the direction he had previously mentioned and back to him. "Okay, I'll follow you there." She said, eyes carrying worried glanced back in the direction she had come while her tail curled low between her hind legs.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 19:42

It didn't go unnoticed to him that Winter was starring to relax some. Good, it would be easier to gain others trust if he could make them at ease and it seemed maybe his awkwardness would be just the thing he needed to  do that. Or maybe his jokes or just his demeanor. Either way everything he learned here could be improved upon when meeting with others. One thing he did no expect was he felt himself ease up as she did. Maybe just having another around that felt comfortable made the feeling come out in him. At Oxen it was all business, seriousness, tests, orders... Huh He'd have to throw almost all of that away when talking to others out here. Hopefully he'd like all the new stuff he was sure he was bound to learn about himself out here in the 'wild'. Watching her look this way and that he was glad she didn't seem to find any fault with the trees. If all future conversations were this easy he'd be a lucky wolf and make short work of those that need to be gotten rid of. Although was the wolf before him really a threat? She clearly wasn't wild and her question about  his linage and chickens made that pretty clear. Her questions were so... so innocent and he couldn't help but tilt his head casing one ear to flop over a little as he did.

"I uh... I'll explain as we walk aright?" With a shake of his head he got the ear back up as he started leading her to the safe house that was intended to become a death trap. Adjusting his wings a the made a quick 'thick-twack' sound of rustling feathers as they settled. "You may have a lot to lean out here if you don't know what a chicken is, but hey that's fine I'll teach you and I'm sure whoever else I gather will be happy to help and don't rule out learning on your own. They say experience is the greatest teacher." He gave her a sideways grin hoping that though the start of his words could be insulting if taken the wrong way she got that he meant no offence. "Everyone got to start somewhere right? I wasn't born knowing how to fly and no one is born knowing all there is to know. " Was he helpful or awkward? He couldn't even say at this point it was such a mix of both and he was string to learn he had a habit of rambling when he didn't know what to say. "So a chicken is like a medium sized bird longish legs, brown, short wings kind of a long neck. They are fat compared to most birds all body and they don't fly that great. Humans farm them for food and eggs. And if you were to call me a chicken you'd be calling me a coward, they aren't the bravest  birds so that's how that ties in. "

A friendly laugh escaped him as he walked, one tail waging up the other wagging down in tandem. He'd never had a conversation like this and it was enjoyable as it was unexpected. That wasn't something he expected either to have fun until the killing started. What was the harm in having a little fun now anyway? He wasn't going to live much longer than the round up so why no share a laugh or two? "My parent's were wolves like any other. Father had Wings and came from a pack of mostly winged wolves while my mother was just a normal wolf. I don't even know that she had a human form but they could both be lycans. I have all three forms but this is the only one I can fly in. And flying  is wroth envying for sure! Nothing is more free but theirs also a lot to think about, wind resistance not flying too high or low or fast and making a good landing. It's a lot but it's worth it. Here a little demo." She wasn't hiding how much she kept her eyes on the wings and he was more than happy to show off. Pride was one of the few things that he felt in Oxen and a lot of that pride was in the wings that saved him.

Pausing in their walk he stepped a side a bit before unfurling them. "now the hardest part is take off, that's when you got to give the most power but ti's also the most rewarding to break away from gravity." With a few powerful stokers that caused enough of a gust to flatten the grass around them and send some dead leaves flying he was up in the air, just enough to have all four paw off the ground.  Angling his body he worked his front half was higher in the air than his back half and lowing the spread of his wing bets he hovered in the air. "I might be in the business of giving people a lift sometime but I've never had a passenger yet so don't hold me too that." Lowing his body he put all for paws back down before folding them again and waking on. "So, hope that's kept you distracted from whatever you were looking at back there. Don't worry no one's going to chase us jut yet the humans are pretty far away." Whoops, it didn't really do much to distract someone if you ask if they were distracted. But then again he wasn't really trying to distract her was he? He was the bad guy and he wasn't here to make friends. This was all just one big act and he'd be rewarded for it later. At least that's what he told himself and that's what his tracker would make sure of.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 00:47

"Alright" Winter agreed to carry on the conversation as they walked to the shelter he had mentioned, falling easily in step with Zack as she walked further away from her former life. Her mind wandered as she thought about what could lay ahead of her and what she would have to do to learn to survive in the wild again. It had been so long since she experienced true freedom and the few memories she had were fuzzy and distorted. At one time she belonged in the wild, with others like her but that was so long ago and the humans tactics to domesticate her clouded most of her past.

It was as if his thoughts seemed to contrast her thoughts as he assured her that he would help her become acclimated to this new life, seeming to see that she was out of place here. Her eyes flickered back and forth from the forest in front of them and Zack as she absorbed what he said and meeting his grin with a shy smile of her own. He seemed gentle, though bigger and much more intimidating then she could ever imagine herself but his kind words and easy pace made her fall into a sort of comfort as they walked forth. Eyes cast down as she huffed in a wolfish laughed, agreeing that everyone did have to start somewhere. "You're right, however I feel like i may have gotten off to a late start." she offered, trying at a small joke herself.

Gaze turned back to him after a few seconds of silence, tilting her head slightly. Soon he answered yet another question that she had newly acquired, explaining what a chicken was in detail. "They're food?" She asked, head raising slightly with perked ears. The men stormed her house so unexpectedly and it had not been the hour of her normal meal time so a painfully familiar growl grew in her belly. He finished with an explanation as to why calling him a chicken would be taken offensively and she understood, shaking her head softly. "Oh, I wouldn't think you as a coward. I may be, but you don't seem it." She offered, hoping to please him as she use to do with her past companions. As a house pet, her role was to be there for love and support Harry and Jacklyn and they returned the favor. She vied for their attentions and soft caresses, feeling static when they praised her but her role was to also protect then and in that she had failed.

Ears flattened against her crown as regret absorbed her, looking yet again behind them towards the direction she had came. She silently hoped that after she escaped, the men left her family in peace as she seemed to be the one actually wanted by them. She wished for their wellness and already her heart broke with missing their presence. While she was actually no house dog but a wild animal, they had taken her in, cared for her and treated her as no one had before and she loved them for it. A soft sigh that came out in a puff of air as if the temperature were cold was barely audible as her new acquaintance stole her thoughts and brought her back to the surface.

"I've not been around other wolves since my childhood, but I don't ever remember seeing winged wolves so it must be pretty unique." she offered with the best smile she could muster given the thoughts that were just racing through her mind. He seemed at ease with the way he talked of flying and the freedom it offered. "That really sounds wonderful." she agreed as her walking stopped to see what he was about to show her. Eyes stayed glued to him with fascination while he offered her a first hand experience of his ability. His wings were amazing to see and their powerful strokes stirred her fur with the force of the wind, making the forestry circle upwards into the air around her.

Winter couldn't help the smile that formed on her muzzle as her tail swayed back and forth."That really is amazing." She said as he came back down on four paws. She appreciated his attempts to keep her mind focused on him instead of worrying about a past he wasn't really aware of. "Thank you." Came a soft voice, feeling the flush in her face as she realized how open she must be to others. "I don't know why the humans would want me..." She began, though trailing off as she decided that she would listen to his words and just follow what he said. "So" she began, almost unsure how to propose the next question. "You said you had three forms...is one of those like the humans?" She asked tentatively, thinking back to when she woke up without her fur today and hoping maybe he would have some insight on what caused this change.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 21:55

They were getting close now he could see the brambles off in the distance and the smell of dead leaves was almost a little stronger. An ear turned to Winter as he caught the soft growl of her stomach and he wondered if it would be good for him to stretch his wings and hunt. Any hunt in the lab was all simulated but that didn't mean it was easy and it always left him with a feeling of wanting to test his metal in a real and wild situation where the prey could just vanish and keep on running in this big old open world. It almost felt a little too big for one who was used to walls but at least his wings made any distance he needed to travel short and easy. Watching her ears fall he decided to give her a bit of encouragement. "I'd say it's pretty brave to be in a land you don't know much about all alone. I mean look at you you're not hiding or cowering or shy, your running and howling and even meeting strangers, things cowards don't really do." With a gentle smile he listened to her go on wondering why she hand't seen other wolves.

It wasn't like that was the strangest thing, he hadn't been around their own kind in just as long aside from the various scents in sights he had seen at Oxen but it wasn't like he knew any of those wolves or ever got to talk to him. Everything about him was kept secret to the rest of the company, but it was centrally nice to be around another of his kind. Even more so it was nice to be called rare and to be seen as something so impressive. He couldn't help but nod his head and ruffle his wings a bit at the thanks as he though how o best answer her question. "Humans want us all. They don't understand us or our freedom or power. They think we just want to go after them and eat them and all that but why on earth would we? We are wolves first and it's much more fun to hunt harder to catch prey. But there are some out there that do feed on humans other immortal and our ancestors now and then so we get blamed for the sins of others. " What would he know about freedom or power? Or even about being a wolf? Sure he had those thoughts in his youth but what good did they do him now? What good did it do to condemn the winners. "Humans have feard us forever when we don't don anything. Then they make it so we have to fear them and their weapons. It doesn't matter if were innocent or guilty to them" He sighed a sigh that almost convened himself as they at last came to the edge of the bramble.

"Alright follow me very closely there are little 'bolt holes' here and there that are entrances and exits. all you have to do is find the area that most smells like pine and follow it. I have a stash of pine neadels in there and have worked to make decent scent trails. Nothing a human can pick up but for us it's no problem." Sniffing around for an entrance he tilted his head. "Huh? Well yeah lots of us have those forms. Most of us could pass for human by look if our eye color doesn't carry over. Though sometimes people have ears or tails that stick with them in that form. My wings stick with me as a really nice feather cloak. I can't really pass for human because of that but minus that aspect I look pretty normal."  Finding an entrance he smiled. "So, want to check this place out? You can come and go as often as you like and always have a nice place to sleep. What do you say you pick out a little 'bed' of your own then we go on a hunt?" He had to admit he was a little hungry himself. That and having one 'friend' to have his back and see him as a good guy if others came in would help out in the future. But mostly he was just hungry.

Last edited by Orchid on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 21:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color change.)

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 01:00

Winter liked this new person she had stumbled upon, Zack seemed like a nice guy just looking to help and she appreciated him for that. They fell easily in step with one another as he commented on her bravery, though she doubted he would think the same if he knew what she had just come from. Would he turn her away for her cowardice of she told him about running from her home, her companions who loved her and pleaded her to escape. She could remember the look on their faces, the worry outlined by fine wrinkles in their gentle faces and ears streaming down Jacklyns face as she held Harrys hand tightly. The men were descending on her and she had bolted, away from her home and leaving them to fend for themselves. Silently, Winter hoped that the men had left the home and her family in peace.

Embarrassment flooded her as she remained quiet, giving Zack a thankful smile that didn't fully meet her eyes. She listened to the explanation of humans, thinking of the few shes had personal encounters with. The drunk was a despicable man but he wasn't out to kill her, but her companions had cherished her, never laying a hard hand against her body. She loved them deeply and wondered why other humans couldn't share that love. Did Harry and Jacklyn know what she was? Or would they have turned her away if they did know? Questions swarmed her head and soft tears brimmed on her lower lids. To say she was overwhelmed was an understatement but Winter quickly blinked back the tears and swallowed the hard lump in her throat. "That's not fair...I dont want to...eat or hurt anyone...I don't want anyone to be hurt. Cant we just stay far away so they cant get us and do not need come across them? ever?" There was both hope and fear in her crystalline optics as she turned her eyes to Zacks.

Following his orders, Winter moved closer as her fur brushed against the side of Zack's pelt, her steps becoming more aware as she paid attention to the ground around them. His body seemed immensly warm against her own and it reminded her of sleeping by the open fireplace in the living room. She closed her eyes for just a second to enjoy the feeling of warmth before she was once again back to the surface. His idea was a good one, leaving an otherwise invisible scent trail to the den which gave her a sense of relief knowing she could find a scent and follow it back to safety. He had sniffed around for a moment before finding an entrance and she found herself following what he had done by sniffing in the crispy fresh scent pf pine and following its scent to the entrance alongside Zack. She was relieved to find out that it wasn't a strange phenomenon to have another form, deciding that once she was alone later one she would attempt to change back into the fur-less body.

Winter nodded to both of Zack's suggestions, though she worried that he would find her hunting skills lacking. "That sounds great." she said, her stomach growling once again as food came to thought. She waited patiently for Zack to lead them into the den as she didn't want to impose on his home or be rude in any way but her tail wagged slightly with excitement and relief that she wouldn't spend her night out in the elements alone and hungry.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 23:42

For a moment Ex's ears almost fell... she was just so innocent so sweet. Clearly she din't want to hurt anyone. When he was a pup he didn't either not when he was taken in by his 'family' despite everything he learned there. They made him learn the truth of the world, despite what he wanted he was a monster, a beast, a fowl thing that could turn and bite the very hand that fed him. He was a monster, they all were and she could be a monster just as easily as he could. but it was hard, no impossible to see her as a monster as she brushed alongside him. With here there he silently lead them into the den thinking over what to say. Surveying the area before them he looked at the big downed trees proud that he had the power to improve upon what nature made. There were some places to rest in the roots still with dirt clinging to them here and there and others with holes in the trunk made by lightning that were dried and sealed by flame. Some trees had branches here and there tat made good cover and on the edge of the clearing were a few dens made of rock.

"Well welcome 'home'. My den is in that smaller tree over there." He turned his head to a tree that was smaller than the others but had a large hole in the trunk. "Looks small but the entire tree is hollow and it makes a pretty great resting spot go on and find a place to call your on and just come join me when you're ready." Lifting a wing a moment he bushed it up against her in a friendly gesture before going to the den. Pausing he looked over his shoulder back at her. "And hey... we are far from the humans here, they won't find us. Were safe here and I'll make sure you and I satay safe. I promise." Ducking his head to go in his den he finally let his ears fall. Why on earth did those words taste so bad in his mouth? So bitter, so vile. This was his mission, there was no way he was going to let himself fail on the first target. She was immortal like any other and one he could turn his heart of stone and capture. He had to. Of course even if she was captured maybe he could convince them for her to join him for them not to test her not to kill her make some kind of accuse that she was special. At war with himself he sighed laying down in his den padded with enough moss and shed feathers to make a comfortable resting spot.

Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Reid on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 23:53

As she was led into the den her eyes looked around of the natural beauty and innovative way it was used to make the dens. It seemed that Zack had put a lot of time and effort into providing a safe den and she was impressed at his efforts. Looking sideways at him, she silently wondered what had made him do such a thing as providing safe passage and shelter for stray wolves. Why was he so kind, what made him that way? Looking back in the directions he mentioned while showing her the den, she smiled and wagged her tail at the excitement of exploring a new place.

'Welcome...home..' The words made her happy and sad at the same time, this was the kind of home she was suppose to have but she would always miss the home she came from. You could have two homes, couldn't you? Ears perked and she looked at Zack once again with eyes that showed how grateful she was. "Thank you." She said, taking in a deep breath while the smell of wood and earth filled her senses and made her feel a little more free then she had ever felt before. It seemed that he was giving her time to adjust in her own dwelling before they would go hunting and she appreciated that, giving him a wolfish smile at the feel of his soft feathers against her pelt.

Winter had taken a few steps in after Zack had turned away but as he caught her attention she paused and turned back towards him. His words were comforting, they made her feel safer in a world she was new to. She took his promise at its worth and her fear slowly faded away. She could do this, if Zack were willing to teach her then she would be the wolf that she was born to be though she wasn't entirely sure what that all entailed. Winter wasn't sure how to show him how much his kind words meant to her, her social skills obviously lacking with her own kind. Without wanting to look awkward she trotted the few paces back to where he stood and pressed her forehead to his shoulder in what would have been a shy wolfish hug. Giving him one last smile she turned back and trotted back towards the direction of dens, escaping the embarrassment of her potentially awkward reaction.

She wasn't picky when it came to choosing a den to stay in, anything was better then being in the cold but the urge to explore was something she couldn't deny. Winter spent the better half of an hour looking at the different dens, finally just settling on one near the roots. It was warm within the wood of the tree and the inside had a pile of straw that she laid upon and rolled around. Her fur became littered with small pieces but she paid little mind. After laying there for a while and taking in her own thoughts she decided to revisit her promise to herself by trying to find her human form. It was difficult as she didn't know what she looked like as a furless human but she would still try. It took some time, but eventually the shift came slowly and painfully. She didn't remember this part before but as her bones and muscles reformed she cried silently until it was over. Just like that the pain subsided and she looked down to bare hands instead of paws.

Standing, she looked down at herself pleased with her ability to at least shift between the two. Maybe if she could look human, then they wouldn't think she would harm them, maybe they could be friends and she could make them see that she was no threat to anyone. Her skin was bare and she remembered that her companions wore what they called clothes but she didn't seem to have those. Lips formed a hard line as she wondered how one obtained clothes but she came with no answers. Winter became worried that it was inappropriate to be in this form without coverings and she would offend Zack. Little to Winters knowledge, with worry came the power from within her as eyes glowed slightly. The den turned ice cold and her breath came out in thick fog. Small particles that mixed between snow and ice began to fall from the air in the room, swirling in a light dusting around her body.

Winter gasped with wide eyes, stepping back as the unknown phenomenon occurred around her form. Heartbeat racing, she almost darted out of the den to find Zack for help. However before she could do that, light threads formed and spun into a simple white, knee length tank top dress. It draped loosely around her body and a smile formed on her lips. "That was cool..." She said, not intending any puns. Satisfied that she was appropriate, Winter wandered to the den that Zack had pointed to as his own. She stood in the entrance way and smiled widely, almost childlike. She was excited, it made her feel normal that she could form into a human shape like others. Knocking on the wood, she waited for him to realize she was there as she didn't want to intrude.
Winter Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchid on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 02:42

Quite a bit of time seemed to pass as he waited but he was fine with that. Rolling onto his back and spreading out his wings he had plenty of time to gather all of his thoughts. Winter was a kind wolf that was for sure and as pure as he could figure any wolf could be. Not a best, not a monster, not aggressive, she was so . . . sweet. She made him think, she made him feel alright, she even made him smile. Him, a ruthless hunter of his own kind, smile. He had to come up with a plan, a simple one one that could make him push all his doubt to the back of his mind and not to feel this constant annoyance and contradictions. Lifting a paw he made a small ball of sparks above it that he batted from paw to paw to kill some time and think. Yeah, for now he would just do what he said and let the organization carry out the rest. If others joined them he could do his best to make sure she came to no harm or escaped. The more wolves the more confusion, the more confusion the better chances one could get away.

With a knock at his 'door' he turned onto his feet and moved to the door. He couldn't help it her smile was infectious. "Well well, looks like you're a fast learner." Moving in a swift circle around her he ended sitting in front of her facing her, tails wagging almost unbeknownst behind him. "So what do you think of two legs as opposed to four? Human forms are a little clumsy at times and you just don't have the same balance and power as wolf forms but they do have their covenant moments. Well mines only useful in the winter months when I can put a big coat on. It's uh.. you know what hold on just a moment." Ducking back into his den he went to one of the corners where he had a handy stash of a few goods and shifted and changed into gray jeans and a black shirt with wing holes cut into it before re emerging. A hand tossed his brown tipped white hair as his ears twitched on his head and he tucked his wings in. "See it's all hat's and jackets for me not to mention contacts. I don't really think you'll have those problems." He said with a joking tone and smile. "Although all eyes will no doubt be on you if your in the human areas like this. I mean.. not like in a bad way, in a good way like you'll turn heads for sure!" He didn't really mean to make a complement like that but at least he hoped he made it sound light heated. "But anyway, no matter how long this form takes you to get used to know that we are way way more graceful than any normal humans in these forms."

Orchid

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top