Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Pushed Limits. (Skymere)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pushed Limits. (Skymere)

Post by Shoebox on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 21:48

He remained down his head low his body propped upon his hands and his knees as the ringing within his ears drowned out all sound around him, burning through his senses until he felt physically sick.
The pain was unlike anything he had witnessed before, it's intensity knocking the air away from him, making his chest fight for breath. Bloody eyes blinking to try and once again clear his vision.

For what seemed like an eternity he remained that way until the ringing subsided enough for background noises to filter their way back to him. His head rose to take in the blurry forms towards him as they gasped in shock at the life he had created before them.

Clara had moved, quickly across the room to the new Soul, Karne shocked understandably.
Dragging himself up to his feet he stumbled his back hitting against the door frame once again, the pain where his spine had connected with it moments before shocking him into more coherence.
He remained quiet and respectful, despite the state he was in he could see that it had worked, Soul was back and finally Clara would be happy again. Karne he cared about a lot less but even then he was happy Karne had his friend back.

Starting to slowly walk he kept his left hand against the wall to steady him. It was time for him to leave. They had to be alone together, the three of them to help Soul come back into the world with his mental state in tact.

He left the room without so much as a word to any of them. His job done, his will satisfied.
Feet automatically carried him to the lift then down into the pub, a shocked looking Cooper sending him towards the back door.
"Thank you" he murmured less exuberant then usual before stepping out into the night exhausted and needed to return home.
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Re: Pushed Limits. (Skymere)

Post by Skymere on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 10:05

Sky sat on the top of a building in Arcane, one leg rested and the other knee up in a sitting crouch. He buried his chin in his scarf and watched the world below pass by, the cars and the distant people quietened, just how he liked it. He sighed deeply, taking in his much needed moment of peace. Since moving in to the manor with everyone else, he needed some head space. Being surrounded by so many people took it's toll on him. He kept himself to himself for the most part, but just knowing they were all there gave him unrest in itself.

He leant backwards, lying on the roof top now looking up at the sky above. Skymere brought a hand up and made some fire, spinning and twirling it around his hand, watching it dance. All of a sudden the flames turned green. Skymere's eyes widened as he sat up quickly, looking at the green flames a moment, ''Shoe..'' He muttered, a feeling... something was wrong with Shoebox. Sky stood abruptly, making the flames increase before throwing them into the air, he closed his eyes briefly and pictured Shoebox. The flames were still before shooting off in a direction that would take Sky to the Djinn.

Skymere walked to the edge of the roof before stepping over and letting himself fall fast, the air whooshing through his ears. He kept his eyes on the flames that would lead him to his friend. He steadied himself and landed in an alleyway below softly, using his dark magic to aid him before he started to run after the flames.

In his wake, The plants began to shrivel up, Sky glancing to them with an incresed heartrate, something was very wrong, Shoe's ability to help Sky control his own power was failing. He didn't want to think about that now, he needed to get to Shoe, any casualties along the way would be collateral.

It didn't take long for Sky to reach Coopers den, the flames dying out. Sky barged his way through the door and began looking around at all of the surprised faces, Cooper not knowing him as he steered clear of such public places. He couldn't see Sky but had a strange sense from something in the flat above. Ignoring that, he went to Cooper, ''Where is Shoe? Tall, weird looking guy..'' He said in urgency. Cooper directed him to the back, to which he pushed his way past and through the door.

He glanced around seeing Shoe doubled over not far from the exit of the tavern. He went to him quickly, assessing him before pulling Shoe's arm over his own shoulders in support. ''Alright mate? You look better than usual.'' He said with a small laugh, knowing of course that something serious was going on with him.

''Let's take you home shall we.'' He stated. Sky walked with him, taking most of his weight for his own wondering what the hell had happened to make him so weak. Knowing Shoe he had probably done something completely irresponsible and idiotic. As they walked, he decided not to go back to the manor considering his own powers were doing their own thing. No, he would take hime somewhere out of the way from people and hopefully let him sleep it off.

Sky found an old abandoned house outside of the town and made up a bed with his magic, plonking Shoe down there. ''Get some rest.'' He said before sitting down in a dusty old chair to the side of the room. He would keep a watch and ask questions later.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 22:56

His hand outstretched against cool brick he lowered his head squeezing his eyes shut to try and stop the world spinning so quickly. His whole body feeling unstable in the wake of what he had done.
He had not pushed himself so far before and something was telling him that it had been a very, very bad idea. Though if he were faced with the same decision, with the same knowledge again he most probably would have done the same thing in order to end Clara's pain.

Before he knew it Skymere was with him pulling him up to support his weight as he started to guide him down the street. He looked at him with some what exhausted smile but didn't bother with wasting any energy on speech or trying to explain himself, it took enough energy to walk. He needed to recharge and recover and he needed it soon.

Doing his thing Skymere mojo'd a bed in the middle of a run down dilapidated building helping Shoe down onto it.
He settled with a cringe his back reminding him it had been slammed against a window frame. Shifting off the main injury he closed his eyes drifting off into sleep within seconds.

Two days three nights would pass before he looked upon the world again, heavy eye lids opening to look around confused and disorientated at first until the ache of his body reminded him what had happened that led him to this room.
Turning his head he let out a crackled sigh his throat dry, "Sky?"
Sitting up he shook his head fighting away dizziness that surged through him, his hand reaching out to the wall to push himself away from it, his other to the bedside table in order for him to pull himself up to his feet.
"Sky.. are you OK?" he knew that his lapse in energy would have been detrimental to Skymere and his own ability.
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:27

It didn't take long for Shoebox to fall asleep or rather pass out, he wasn't sure. Skymere sat with his hands clasped together in his lap watching Shoe a moment, he could see his lifeline and it certainly wasn't nearly as strong as it should be. Many hours past and Sky sat before getting up and beginning to potter about, cleaning up a bit and trying to make the place more liveable. If Shoe could not recover or needed time to, he would have to stay put.

A few nights past and Skymere sat on the porch of the property with an old book in hand, it was an interesting read that he found amongst the abandoned house about witch trials of all things. He wondered who lived here before. As he looked up from his book, everything around the house was now dead, the grass, the trees, birds that came near. He sighed and looked further out to the fields that had some life left and saw Jerry grazing there. The llama had appeared about a day in with, as ever, a nasty attitude. Sky smirked to himself before hearing Shoe wake.

''I'm fine.'' He answered, whilst getting some water and something to eat ready for Shoe in the now more practical kitchen which did not match the rest of the crumbling house. ''How are you feeling?'' He called as he watched Shoe barely walking towards him. He still looked like shit, even his mini coma didn't seem to have helped him much. ''Here get some food and drink in you.'' Placing the plate and cup down on the side.

''Just what the bloody hell happened Shoe?'' He asked, leaning on the wall and crossing his arms as he watched his friend.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 15:22

As he walked towards where he heard Sky his friend called out stating that he was OK so he started to pay a little bit more attention to his surroundings. It was obvious that this house must have been abandoned it was dilapidated and stank of mould and damp. Skymere had taken them some where private and while he was thankful for that because it meant he didn't have to explain himself to anyone from the coven, especially those that didn't know him all that well, it also meant that Sky had felt the need to be away from civilisation which led him to believe that his power over Skymere's abilities had failed. With a light shake of his head he sighed to himself uttering the word idiot under his breath. He should have considered what it would have done to his best friend and at the very least he should have called him first to give him some warning to get himself to a safe distance from everyone. Spontaneity was one of the Djinn's biggest floors, he did things in the moment and thought about them later on.

He made his way to the counted where Sky lay some food and some drink for him. Taking a seat there he groaned his body aching and thankful for him sitting down once again. He didn't pay much attention to the food placed in front of him, nor did he care what was in the cup before him. He was famished and exhausted, he ate it and he drank it with out so much as tasting it.
Sky's question being made to wait until he had finished and could face explaining what had happened to get him in such a state

“I understand what they say when they say they feel like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards.... . Or what is it... they feel like they have been hit by a bus. I imagine that is what I feel like” he replied with a half baked smile towards his obviously concerned companion.
Sitting back on the chair he looked upon Sky, He obviously had not slept “I'm sorry, Sky. I didn't think how what I did you have a ripple effect onto others. I got caught up in the moment....” pausing his head tilted, a whisper in the far reaches of his mind sounding.. - something trying to reach out to him yet he couldn't grasp it. And then it was gone.
“Remember Clara, That broken woman I came across. Well our paths met again. She made a wish for her lover to be returned to her from death. Karne was also there, they were broken and in a lot of pain over losing this boy. I was unsure if I would be able to do it. But I tried and as far as I know it was a success. I didn't stick around long enough to watch him rouse” saying it now something felt wrong about it all, a feeling of unease stirring in the pit of his stomach. The Djinn was afraid of nothing, never had been, yet a feeling akin to anxiety filled him, confusing him.
“I rose the dead”
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 17:40

Skymere could still see how weak Shoe was as he sat and ate. He waited for him to finish without a word before he began to answer him. He smirked, ''Yea, now you know how it feels.'' He said referring to their first meeting where Shoe had ran over Sky, killing him.  Shoe said he was sorry but Sky just shook his head, ''You weren't to know.'' Sky had spent many many centuries dealing with his ability alone before Shoe came into his life. He could try to again, and even if he couldn't he knew he could not harm Shoe, so it wouldn't be as lonely as before. Shoe was the priority right now. He nodded as he spoke of the woman Clara. He had told Sky of her before and he heartbreak.

Sky creased his brow as he saw..fear, in Shoe's eyes as he told him just what it was that he had done. He squeezed his eyes shut briefly, pinching the bridge of his nose. What a reckless thing he had done. ''Shoe, rising the dead... just...what were you thinking?'' He said, showing his annoyance which was rare for Sky. ''The dead should stay dead, I know that better than anyone. Have you learned nothing from our time together?
Even that is beyond your limits.'' He sighed, moving closer to Shoe, concerned for his friend. ''People die, people grieve, no matter how hard it is, they move on. It is the life cycle.'' He said, ''Or it should be.''

''This will have consequences.'' Whether it be for the one he brought back or for the people around him. It would certainly have consequences for Shoe. He could not play God. ''You need to rest up, recover and we will deal with whatever else as it comes along.'' He said, patting his shoulder. No matter what happened, Sky would always have Shoe's back.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 19:54

Skymere reacted in the way he thought that he would. A lecture. He seemed angry yet worried it was a strange conflicting of emotion to watch, usually Djinnshoe would love to witness the warring of emotion and study it even though he could never understand it but he just didn't have the energy to at that moment.
He listened and he nodded. It was a foolish thing to do, but knowing that Clara could be happy again now and that the heart ache that had been eating her alive could now come to pass he couldn't want a different result. He was sure he would not want to change the fact that he had pulled Soul back from the Netherworld.

“I was not really thinking. I was acting out of desire and a wish had been made” they both knew very well that Shoe could say no and walk away from a wish if he did not want to do it. He had wanted to help Clara and now it seemed that he would pay a price for it, he could feel that something was going to happen and by the looks of it Skymere knew that something would happen of it as well.

Again he had forgot to think how it would affect Skymere, he was sensitive on the subject of the dead coming back to life.. maybe he shouldn't have told him, but he didn't like the thought of lying to his true best friend it felt wrong and he had never lied to him before.
“I just didn't think” he said again, like a child being lectured for some stupid act of youth.

Skymere relented stating that 'we' would deal with what ever was to happen and Shoe could only hope that what ever came to pass would not have some negative effects on Skymere he had already suffered enough, he hated the thought of him suffering because of him.
“Hey, Skymere where are we? Did anyone die when my power failed you?”
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 17:44

Skymere frowned as he mentioned a wish, what a selfish person this Clara was to wish such a thing. He dreaded to think what the consequences would be. Would the one revived be anything like they were when alive? Skymere's own revival was different than a regular person. It should not be done. He said nothing as Shoe said that he didn't think, that was clear. Skymere was annoyed at the recklessness of it, but what was done was done, and he would help Shoe with whatever came next.

''We aren't too far from home.'' Still such a weird word for him, ''The coven.'' He added. ''I didn't want to go back and put anyone there at risk.'' He said glancing outside the open door to the dead earth surrounding them. ''I don't know how far it will spread but for now, it hasn't grown more than this.'' Thankfully, he thought, as his power was now, he was able to be contained and if necessary, Ajax could send him somewhere out of the way if he wanted to. ''I don't know.'' Skymere said with slight discomfort, he didn't know if he had killed anyone on his way to find Shoe, he didn't really want to know.

Skymere shifted a little avoiding eye contact a moment before speaking once more, ''Do you want me to inform Ajax? It won't be long before he realises we aren't around.'' Sky would do as Shoe wanted, if he wanted quiet recovery then he would stay with him here.

''I don't know how long it will take you to recover, but I can guarantee it will be a fair while.'' He said, no need to sugar coat it. Skymere didn't really know if Shoe had any higher ups in his species or if he were the only one, but there was bound to be some rules, now broken, from rising the dead. ''In any case, I will do what you ask.''

Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:21

Skymere tried to word everything in a gentle manner so not to upset him any further and he nodded though for once he understood what he was doing. He had most probably killed people by running through town to help him, lowering his head he closed his eyes with a sigh. He had risen the dead but in doing so he had probably been the cause of death, the death of multiple. He hoped for Clara and Soul that it was worth it and that Soul was whole and well in himself.

"No don't tell Ajax" he replied after a moment of though his head lifting his gaze returning to his friend "He has enough to worry about without panicking that you and I are about to wipe out civilisation"

"I will send word that we are on a short journey" he stood up slowly now and began to move towards his friend. Sky had been looking out the door to the death he was creating around the house.
His friend had been through so much, how could he have over looked that in helping Clara, if he had known such a thing would happen he would have put Skymere first and he would have done nothing.

Testing the water he stirred up his energy within turning it into a visible ball around him in order to pass it towards Skymere. In the past the light would bathe his friend then he would be cured of the curse for as long as Shoe held that power.

He watched the light rise and float out towards Skymere but then something changed. A pain surged inside his skull as though he had taken a violent hit to the head, one of his hands rising to clutch the side of his skull. The light now flickering before bursting into a shower of sparks, Shoe stumbling forwards his eyes losing vision plunging him into darkness.
Reaching towards Skymere he tried to grab his friend to steady himself his knees giving way as a deafening voice only he could hear shook through his body, busting pain across every nerve he had, like an electrocution the voice booming an alien word through his mind yet he knew what it meant, it meant Betrayal.
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:29

''Very well.'' Skymere replied with a nod, it was probably best not to tell Ajax of this. Shoe and Skymere were both wildcards but Sky especially could go off like a nuclear bomb at any moment. ''That's probably for the best.'' He added, a journey would be more likely as Skymere and Shoe often did their own thing and went off here and there.

Sky continued to look out of the window and watched Jerry as he stared back at him in his usual cocky, violent manor. He half expected the thing to come running over just to butt him, the sod. Skymere turned to look at Shoe as he felt the rush of the familiar magic, he shook his head, saying silently no, there was no need for Shoe to try to 'fix' Sky right now, he needed to focus on his own healing.

Shoe grabbed his head and Sky immediately stepped forward to support him as the magic sparked around them. Shoe grabbing back onto him as his knees gave way. ''Steady.'' Skymere said as he sat Shoe down, keeping his hands on his shoulders. ''Baby steps Shoe, baby steps.'' He uttered, but he knew something was seriously wrong. In all of the time Sky had known Shoe, the djinn had never shown a hint of pain nor had his magic failed.
Skymere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoebox on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 13:11

Feeling support beneath him he relaxed the sensation of falling was not one he enjoyed. He had always been powerful beyond even his own understanding. To feel weak was new and it was frightening. What good could he be to any of them if he couldn't even help himself.
The word kept playing across his mind as Skymere's words started to drown it out. His vision coming back to him dulled colour coming into focus as he looked out the door once more, the desolate land around them not a welcome sight.

"Baby steps" he repeated not knowing the term but thinking he understood what his friend meant.
"Betrayal" he spoke now, quietly before repeating it his gaze searching out Skymere's face.
"It said Betrayal" He was shivering as his body felt the cold, another new sensation to him, temperature not something he had been aware of before.
"Betrayal... I don't understand. Betrayal... Betrayed who" he had no idea if Skymere had heard it or not.

"It was angry with me, I could feel it. It's angry with me for what I have done. I don't understand why, something is going to happen and I am sorry Skymere. I never knew of anything like this happening"
Shoebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Skymere on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 14:27

Shoe seemed a bit disorientated and Sky knelt down in front of him, looking at him with a show of slight concern. 'It said Betrayal?' He repeated inwardly, what was he talking about? Sky frowned as his friend seemed to show fear. Shoe spoke of betrayal again in confusion and he was shaking. Sky rose up and manifested a blanket, and pulled it around Shoe's shoulders. He was cold? Just what was going on?

Skymere sat opposite him and let him ramble for a moment, taking it all in, someone or something was angry, which meant Shoe was not the only one of his kind and that there was some sort of hierarchy to his species. ''No, Shoe. You weren't to know. You were helping someone in need.'' He tried to reassure him the best he could, talking not really being his strength.  ''Like I said, we will deal with it.'' He added, glancing down to his feet in thought a moment. This was serious. ''Try and get some more sleep if you can Shoe. Tomorrow is another day.''

-End Thread-
Skymere

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top