Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Too much work and no play (Marcus)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too much work and no play (Marcus)

Post by Requiem on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:08

Ketzu had been working his arse off at the docks with his old man and another called Matthew who had built up a good rapport with. He had been enjoying it, but he needed a break. He could be a hard worker when he wanted but right now, he was bored. He came back to the manor and went straight to the kitchen as always, raiding the fridge for all of it's contents. Luckily it was always fully stocked because of people like him and his appetite that now lived here. It was a weird place to live full of weird people, he loved it. Hope and Ajax ran things smoothly so far, but Hope was under a lot of pressure, he could see it, but she was soldiering on through like a champ. Marcus seemed to be doing a lot better but Ketzu hadn't really been around much, patching things up with his father had taken up most of his time lately and he was over it as much as he could be, although he still held a grudge a little over his father's actions.

Ketzu really wanted some fresh pickings to satisfy his vampire side but Oxen were everywhere making hunting extremely difficult so he had to stick with the rancid blood bags for now and he grabbed one with the food he took and made his way to the garden. He planted himself on the balcony and spotted Marcus training on the grounds. The poor vamp had been cooped up here since Hope had ordered him to return from the docks. Ketzu felt for him, he was not a cooped up kind of guy, same as ketzu wasn't.  He sat and ate and drank and watched as Marcus trained, he could see his frustration as he moved, like he wanted to scream out to the world. Ketzu chuckled to himself, so much emotion.  After he had finished and drained the blood bag he stood up and stretched with a loud groan before waltzing over to where Marcus was, ''hey bro. Fancy a spar?'' He offered with a bow and a cheeky grin.  Marcus looked like shit,  but he hadn't seen him for a while since he came back to the manor, obviously being here all of the time was not going well for the vampire.
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Re: Too much work and no play (Marcus)

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:49

Marcus felt he had gone to great lengths to sort himself out since the break down he had suffered. He had made amends with his father who then once again had vanished, it would have been easy to fall back into himself but he had not.
He had kept his mind clear, he had helped with the transitioning of members when Matashina coven had joined with them in their home. Everything had been smooth.
He had once again trained himself up to be in peak physical condition, he was solid. But it seemed that only he acknowledged that.

He had been working out on the docks for some time. Helping Knigh and tracking Ox Corp soldiers, killing them as they felt like.
He had also been patrolling the Black woods in all of his spare time.
He had thrown himself into work and into protecting the coven his sister was trying her best to head.

He knew he was the true heir to the coven. It had been what his ancestors had wanted. It was the males that took up the mantle but he held no resentment towards Hope for being where he should have been. He had been in no fit state to step up.

How ever he was feeling resentful to her for another reason.
She had called him back home from the docks in order to replace him with Matthew. Like he wasn't good enough or she didn't trust him enough to carry out the job. He had been doing everything to prove himself yet it was never enough.

Not about to throw his toys out and prove her right he had come back. She knew he was far from happy but he got on with it and did what he could but he felt pathetic.
Training was the only time he felt better he could take out his anger then without hurting anyone.

He hadn't noticed Ketzu until he spoke. Looking up at him he paused with a smile in greeting.
Redoing his hair back up into a pony tail at the back of his head he nodded.
"Got anything in mind?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:08

''There he is.'' Ketzu grinned as Marcus pulled his hair away from his face, getting rid of the emo look. ''Hmm, well it's been a while since we sparred.'' He said, walking around Marcus to come back to stand in front of him, ''Learnt anything new since then?'' Ketzu was aware that Marcus had some abilities that he didn't touch upon, he was curious to know what they were but also knew that Marcus was not comfortable using them.

Ketzu was all trained up, working the docks, hunting the oxen soldiers, he was, as always, in top physical shape. Marcus looked like he was also and he was glad to see him doing well since his breakdown. ''Abilities, or no abilities?'' He asked, Ketzu didn't have abilities like some of the others did, but he could still hold his own and very well at that. He also liked a challenge. He smirked a little before lunging towards Marcus, ''What the hell.'' He punched him square in the face laughing as he did. ''Bring it.'' It reminded him of old times and he figured Marcus could do with battering someone for a bit to let out any pent up stuff he seemed to have behind his morbid looking eyes.
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:22

Ketzu was a cheeky little shit and he always had been. Well since he could speak anyway. He was a miserable baby, Marcus had avoided him like the plague.  
He had grown into a rather amusing man and he and Marcus got along fine for the most part.
Ketzu was absolutely nothing like his father and Marcus often found that very funny. Even now as he was initiating a spar which was something Knigh would have also done he was so different in the way he went about it.

"No Abilities" he replied. Ketzu didn't have any magic mojo that he knew of. And the Dragon abilities and the wraith abilities Marcus had were still very much unknown and uncontrolled to him. He had been avoiding the none essential elemental abilities since his break down finding their instability to be a trigger for him. Plus it would be an unfair fight.

Talking of unfair Ketzu moved without warning his knuckles streaking across Marcus's cheek in an impact that made him step backwards a laugh coming from between his lips at the cheek the kid had.
Sweeping out his right leg in retaliation he tried to knock Ketzu onto his ass.
"Hey no fair dude"

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 13:12

Marcus laughed for once and Ketzu tilted his head to the side watching him a moment, ''Since when have I ever played fair?'' He answered with a raised brow as he was knocked to the floor with a quick sweep of Marcus's leg. ''You should know me by now.'' He laughed shifted back and throwing himself back up to standing. He shot out a punch aimed to Marcus's gut and then another to the side of his rib before stepping back and raising his fists and moving his feet like  boxer, the cheeky smile still in place.

''Oi Marcus, where is your Haru at?'' He asked out of curiosity, unsure of whether they were still together or not. He also was aware that Karne had done a disappearing act again, the thought made him role his eyes, this family....his was like a walk in the park in comparison.  He kicked out to the other rib before spinning around and throwing an elbow to aim to the face.
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 13:21

One hit landed to his mid section and the second he blocked with a sweep of his arm and a side step, Katzu also pulling back as he started to ask questions Marcus centring himself upon planted feet as he watched the way Ketzu moved around in front of him.

"Haru? Yeah she is in the city" he didn't have to worry about her living there seeing as she was human. He just had to make sure he stayed careful when visiting her there.
"I have bought a one bed flat there. She does not feel welcome here. But I don't blame her, I felt like I had to hide her when she was inside. It is easier this way"

Deflecting his leg so it didn't impact upon his ribs he took the elbow to the side of his jaw, clicking it back into place as he returned with a punch of his own aimed at Ketzu's throat with the intention of swiftly bringing him to his knees for his cheek in the elbow to the face.

He rounded it off with a knee of his own, aimed for Ketzu's stomach or his face if he were to drop from the hit to the throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 18:23

''Hmm, sounds sensible.'' He replied as Marcus blocked his leg, being in the manor as a human, especially one who seemed as dainty and feeble as Haru was like being in the lion's den.  Clara could handle it... Clara.. he wondered how she was, he was aware that she was about but also had some sort of breakdown, he was curious if Marcus had seen his Aunt as they had always been close, but he decided not to touch upon that subject. ''You did.'' He agreed, If Haru was around, she would need to be hidden, it was no secret how much Hope despised the human but even Ketzu, an outsider could see that Hope was being a bitch about it.

Ketzu's elbow connected nicely to his jaw and he felt the crack vibrate up his own arm, he took a small jump step back and quickly leant his head back matrix styley to avoid the punch which would have hit his throat. Marcus raised his knee but instead of acquiring his would be target of his face if he fell, he kneed him straight in his jewels.

Ketzu winced and sounded asthmatic as he leant forward in a blink of an eye, doubled over and holding his privates. ''Yo....you....fucker...'' He glared at Marcus but threw in a weak laugh as he now fell to his knees, ''You win you dirty bastard.''
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 15:34

He had made a grave error as his knee connected with the totally wrong area of Ketzu's body. He cringed as he landed it and pulled back a few steps quickly with a look of instant guilt. He would never intentionally hit anyone in the nuts even people he didn't like.
Ketzu was gasping and coughing as he dropped to his knees, cupping his now broken manhood.
“Jesus...” he couldn't help but stifle a laugh half shocked and half amused as Ketzu cursed at him “I'm so sorry man.. Hell that was an accident.. I'm sorry” he placed both his hands out into the air as a surrender and an apology.
“Dude... dude i'm sorry”

He extended his hand to him and stepped forward again so he could try and help him out. “Nah not a win. That was unfiar” he laughed “Let's call it a draw” he had been distracted and probably should not have agreed to spar with his friend. Distractions were how people got hurt and he should have known better, not he had nearly emasculated his friend.

“Let's go get you an ice pack or something yeah?” he laughed pulling him up.
“What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were working the docks with Knigh?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 09:39

Marcus went into a vomit of sorrys and Ketzu chuckled a little, taking his hand and pulling himself up,'' Apology accepted.'' He said with watering eyes. ''Sounds like a plan.'' He said limping towards the house whilst cradling his man hood. ''I've come back for a break. Been working my ass of man, which is all good, but needed some space from my old man a bit.'' Although they had patched up their relationship, too much time with another put Ketzu in a bad mood, he needed his space and he liked change.

''I'll go back in a day or so. Want a proper bed and proper food and fuck do I need to get laid.'' He laughed as he opened the door to the kitchen, letting Marcus go in first. He walked in and made a b-line for the freezer, grabbing bag of peas. He sat up on the counter in a crouch and placed the peas on his lap with a sigh, the pain easing already. ''Talking of getting laid.'' He said with a smirk, ''You and Haru, you going to move in with her and have a little family?'' He asked with a put on cute voice. Although it sounded like he was mocking Marcus, he was not, he was happy for him and Marcus deserved a happy ending more than most. He did wander why immortals got with humans, they would grow old and die, would he change her in the future or watch her slowly die? He was not stupid enough to ask however, but knew he would never settle with a human himself, he didn't see himself settling at all actually human or otherwise, it was not his style, commitment.
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 09:57

They went inside as Ketzu answered his question. "Ah fair enough" Knigh was a pretty hard guy to spend a prolonged period of time with. He was set in his ways and didn't like to change them for anyone. He was also terrible at holding a conversation about anything other then work. Ketzu on the other hand liked to have a laugh, they were totally different and Marcus wondered how they managed to get along at all. Ketzu's sense of humour probably the saving grace of their father, son relationship.

They settled down Ketzu relieving himself with the peas which made Marcus laugh a little despite his feelings of guilt. Very tempted to take a photo and upload it to social media.
"You have come to death Manor to get laid?" he quirked his eye brow. " I don't think you will have much luck here unless you tout out that Pippa or something. I mean everyone else basically feels related to you" he laughed. They all had no blood bonds but it would be strange they all felt like siblings to one another due to their upbringings.

The subject of Haru was always a difficult one. It generally was not an accepted thing. People didn't like that they were together. And by people he meant Hope.
It was also problematic as she was human and their home was full of half crazed vampires that would easily rip head head off her shoulders if they were having a bad day.

"I dunno maybe one day when things calm down. if they ever do" he laughed. He would love to live with Haru in peace and have a 'normal life' that was what he really did want.
"I am not sure he we could have kids to be honest" he shrugged. Some vampires were able, some were not but Dhampires did exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:36

Ketzu frowned and pulled a face, ''No one here is to my liking, that would just be weird.'' He said, he was like family here and although he technically wasn't, this was his pack to him, however weird and fucked up it might have been, this was home. ''No, I'll go out later on.'' He said, he would of course be careful, he wasn't going out to hunt, just to have fun anyway, no big deal. He was relatively an unknown face to Oxen, everything he had done, he had kept it off their radar, he was his father's son after all and although a bit of a joker, he was highly skilled.

''Calm down?'' He said with a laugh, ''That will never happen, things only ever get worse. You can't let that stop you from being happy though, even if most people here don't agree with it, if you love her then so be it.'' He said, rare words of wisdom from him, it felt weird to him talking like that. ''You might be a walking corpse, but you still have to live Marcus.'' He smirked, chucking the bag of peas at him.

''I can't ever see myself settling down, it isn't my style.'' He laughed, ''I would feel sorry for any woman who tried to make me settle.'' Ketzu was a good friend but he was not a loyal to girlfriends, he just couldn't help himself and didn't want to either and had quite the reputation because of his attitude. ''You would be a killer husband, no pun intended. I mean, the girl left a dragon who happened to be a leader of a bad ass people for you, a lowly vampire.'' He grinned. ''If that isn't a woman saying spend the rest of your life with me than I don't know what is dude.'' Ketzu felt he should encourage Marcus to find his happiness, he looked miserable 99% of the time and Ketzu didn't do sad.
Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 13:00

It was nice talking to Ketzu. When everyone seemed to serious and so stressed the kid always seemed to still see the lighter side of things. He was funny and light and Marcus found himself appreciating him for it. He was glad Ketzu had stuck around after his falling out and making up again with Knigh.

"Just make sure you watch your back" there was no point in trying to talk Ketzu out of anything. In fact if you tried you would probably be pushing him towards doing it even more then if you told him to go for it. He was a stubborn little shit always had been. "We don't want you getting caught up in that shit out there"
He knew Ketzu would be fine, he always was but he at least had to tell him to watch out.

As the conversation moved back to Haru and himself he laughed. He was used to people being against them and saying they should not be together. Ketzu was probably the first person that had encouraged him to be with her.
The fact was that he loved Haru and he knew that she loved him. He would protect her from everyone and that included his own family. He just wanted to be happy and have others feel happy that he was. But it was never that easy.
"I intend on spending the rest of her life with her" he was painfully aware she was mortal. But he would never change her, never. Not unless she really wanted to. She was perfect as she was.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top