Most users ever online was 41 on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 16:45
Site Admins

Cashan

Affiliates

Looking up. (Hope, Haru)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking up. (Hope, Haru)

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 21:34

Marcus had been a busy boy since the covens had merged together but most of his work had taken him behind the scenes and out of the spot light, not that he was complaining about that fact. It was known he was the fallen golden child, Hope had taken up the mantle and he had been nothing but an unstable failure to the family bloodline. How ever he didn't much care what other's thought about that, Hope was better to lead the family whether she knew so or not. In the long run she was the right choice, she was stronger, if only she could get over herself which she seemed to be doing well. He was proud of his sister. And that was why he had been a busy boy, he didn't want to let her down, not when she needed him the most.

He had been doing as many supply runs and scouting tours as possible to make sure they were well stocked up and safe. He had made sure to keep soldiers away from the forests which led towards the black woods.
There had been a few teething issues with the cross over of covens but over all he thought it had been going rather well considering some of the immense personalities involved and the stress of it all on everyone.

He had fitted in well with it all. He had a little flat in the city but was seldom there anymore. He had moved Haru in with him in his rooms in Death Manor and finally it seemed like people were accepting her and he as a couple. They had defied the odds and risen against all that had opposed them and were still strong for it despite everything that they had been through.
For that exact reason Marcus had asked his sister to meet him away from the coven, out on one of his runs he had stopped and called her, he wanted to ask her something and wasn't really sure how she would react. He would go ahead none the less but he hoped beyond hope that his beloved twin sister would be on board with him.

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking up. (Hope, Haru)

Post by Cashan on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 22:01

H O P E . D E A T H - R E I G N
Vampire || Wraith

Oddly, Marcus had asked to meet Hope away from the Manor in the forest. It wasn't like him to be so secretive and even when she had asked him what it was all about, he wouldn't tell her. She didn't quite know how to feel and she was beginning to worry. For all she knew Marcus had discovered a coup in the house to overthrow her or maybe he had found out about the impending eradication. He of course had no idea that she already knew, she didn't want to worry anyone yet. They would only panic and scatter. She was focused on trying to find a safe place for them to go and had planned to tell everyone once she had done so.

Making her way to the clearing, she sent Rulakh to scout the area and keep watch. If Marcus wanted to meet in private, then she would make sure it was kept private. Sending her own private body guard, she stepped into the clearing confident they were safe and wouldn't be disturbed. " Marcus? " she called out, as she spotted his the far side. " Hey. " she said walking toward him. She didn't smile as by this point she had over thought herself to the point of real worry and concern.

" Hey big guy. What's going on? Are you okay? " she asked looking him up and down. She wondered if he hadn't been feeling well again. She had been giving him more and more responsibility lately and seemed to be managing just fine but maybe she had pushed him too hard. Maybe with everything she had missed the signs that he had been struggling again. She had spent so long trying to get her brother healthy that the thought she may drive him back to that madness made her feel sick. " Come on big guy put me out of my misery already. " she asked, impatient as ever.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 22:09

Hope's wraith buddy streaked past him while he waited and he frowned a little to himself with the roll of his eyes. Hope obviously was taking everything very seriously here and he didn't really understand why. His tone had been pretty light on the phone. But when he thought about it he sighed to himself. Of course she was worried, there literally had been nothing good for such a long time of course she was expecting him to say something dramatically awful to her.

She arrived not long after and he smiled to try and ease her while she jumped right into worried questioning. He wouldn't dwell on the bad things right now.
He was excited about things to come for the first time in forever, no matter what shit was going to come their way at least there was something to look forward to.
He just wished that his sister would get on board with it, he hoped she would, she had been alright about the whole Haru thing for a while now having got used to it and her being around but marriage was a big step a step he hoped she understood that he was more then ready and equip to deal with.

Putting his arm over Hope's shoulder he squeezed her to him slightly. "I'm fine. All is fine. I just wanted to speak to my twin sister, that is allowed you know" he side glanced her as he started walking pulling her along side him.
"i just wanted you to be the first person I spoke to about something. I have made a decision, one that I hope everyone is happy with... one that I know will make me very happy. I am going to ask Haru to marry me" he braced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 22:34

Vampire || Wraith

Marcus instantly went about trying to ease her concerns as he placed his large arm over her shoulder. For twins, they were the oddest pair. Him, large and muscular... ginger. Her smaller, leaner and in general just far superior looking. No one would have ever thought to look at them they even came from the same woman and yet somehow they were landed with each other.

Her worry eased a little seeing Marcus happy as she raised her eyebrow at him. " It's allowed yes but also very suspicious. " she added thinking it wasn't like him to want to have sibling time. She followed along side as she was still waiting for him to tell her what this was all about. She began to think it was probably less serious then she first imagined but it was in her nature to always be prepared for the worst.

" Wow.. well done Mar... " she was only half way done with her taunt when Marcus said something she had never expected. " Marry you? " she repeated making sure she hadn't heard him wrong. She remained silent for a moment as she tried to figure out how she felt about the news. She would obviously never be ecstatic about Haru. Hope would always blame her for the way she and Ryu had ended and she never truly approved of Marcus being with her considering she had been engaged to the closest thing to a brother he ever had.

But, he was happy. Despite all her faults, that little meek human, made him happy. Sighing, she gave him a small smile. " I want you to be happy Marcus... " she said sincerely, she really sucked at this sappy stuff. She fiddled with the rings on her fingers as she often did when she was stressed and she had an idea. Pulling one of the rings off, she held it out. " Here take this. It was Lucian's engagement ring to Mum, she'd want you to have it. " In truth, Hope suspected her mother would have loved Haru if she wasn't bat shit crazy. She was nice, kind, probably followed all the rules, all that morality shit her mother liked and Hope could never live up to.

" I'm not going to pretend to love her Marcus, but I do love you so if she makes you happy then I guess we will be planning a wedding. " she leaned over and hugged him before stopping mid hug. " But so help me Marcus if she hurts you I'm going to let my wraith eat her. " she warned, Rulakh appearing in the background at the mention of food. She meant her threat,she already disliked Haru. It was be in her best interests to not give Hope a reason to hurt her.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 22:45

Hope was mid swing with a jibe when he took the words right out of her mouth. She had not been expecting him to say he wanted to marry Haru and that was obvious. He was quiet and he waited for her to digest what he had just said, he was nervous about her reaction but hoped that they had both grown enough to accept that their paths in life were different and they were both allowed to be happy for one another's choices as long as those choices were not damaging and Haru was far from damaging to him.

"Yes Marry her" he nodded stopping so he could see her face as he stood in front of her his hand now on her shoulder as he read her face. For Hope her face was fairly impassive which was not her usual expression. He held his breath for a moment waiting for the fight he hoped would not come and then to his surprise it didn't. In fact Hope was taking it a hell of a lot better then he thought she would. She was accepting it without argument or disapproval.

"I am happy..I..." now it was his turn to have his words stolen mid sentence his jaw basically dropping as Hope pulled their mother's ring off her finger and handed it to him. Taking it in his palm he gawped at his sister, she was literally giving him and Haru more then just an approval.
He tried his best not to tear up like a big wuss right in front of her there and then and pulled her into a hug, squeezing her small body to his "Thank you Hope!" he grinned, only she would know how much that meant to him.

Pulling away he was still grinning even when she tried to put a front on again, threatening his soon to be fiancee with the wraith.
"Come on don't ruin the moment Hope, we're having a moment. Buzz off ghost boy, leave us to our moment" he waves at Ru while still looking at his twin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 23:14

Vampire || Wraith

As she imagined, the ring meant more to Marcus then she ever could have imagined. For a minute she thought he was going to cry and honestly she was glad he hadn't. Not only would she not know how to deal with that but she would never have been able to let him live it down. " Don't thank me, one of us might as well make use of it. " it sounded like she was down playing it but there was a hidden jealousy to what she said.

Truth was, Hope had always imagined she would have been married first. Her and Ryu went back years, they had lived together for three years in Jia, ruled together and for all intensive purposes were like a married couple. But Ryu never proposed, of course she had imagined it, the ring, the dress, damn she would have looked so good in a wedding dress. But it seemed that wasn't meant to be. Ryu proposed to Haru and now Haru was about to get a second proposal while Hope hadn't even had one. It sickened her.

But Marcus was happy and that was something, it was going to have to be enough. Marcus smiled and she couldn't help but smile too, she could even feel his joy through their connection. A sensation she hadn't felt from him in years she imagined. " Leave Ru alone Marcus, he's only doing his job. " she said, her loyalty to the wraith evident although not necessary clear to others. " Besides it's not us who should be having a moment. You know you actually have to go and propose to her now right? " she teased shoving his arm off hers. She was trying to be a supportive little sister, she only hoped she could keep it up.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 09:58

"Ah Shut up, I will thank you as much as I want" he replied while Hope tried to pass it off as nothing. If it meant nothing his sister would not have been wearing it non stop for the last few years, the ring meant more then a ring should and he was made up that Hope wanted him to give it to Haru. He knew it was for him more then it was for her but it proved that Hope would stand by him in this, she wouldn't keep up the hate towards the woman he loved and he appreciated it.

He laughed while his sister defended the wraith his eyes running over it. Even though part Wraith Marcus had never explored it and had shown very little interest. Once when his father was around he agreed to look into it but as always Karne had fucked off and left them but Marcus was used to that now, he wasn't even mad anymore about his father he had crossed that bridge and showed it as much care as Karne showed them. None.

"Well if his job is to be a menacing looking moment ruin-er then he had got that down. Well done cloud boy" he winked. He didn't much care if Ru liked him.
"Ah its a shoe in" he laughed, "She'll say yes, I mean who would turn" he ran his hands down the front of him "Down this, right? would be madness" he was in a good mood and finally looking forward to something in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 14:38

Vampire || Wraith

The wraith glared back at Marcus and moved toward him as he insulted him but he stopped the moment Hope turned to look at him. He wouldn't attack unless instructed to do so. " Careful bro, you might make an enemy there. " she smirked knowing that even if he had he was safe so long as she controlled the wraith. He may have thought he was pretty harmless but she had seen what the wraith was capable of and she was certainly not going to make an enemy of him.

Looking at him as he joked about no one being able to resist him. Hope faked gagging. " Jesus put it away before I'm sick. " she teased with a smile. It had been a long time since she had seen him this way and as much as she disliked Haru, she didn't deny the positive affect she had on him. " Yeah well, just make sure to send me an invitation so I can make sure I'm not at the manor that day. " she joked. " because I might actually be sick. "

Of course Marcus would know she was joking but there was an element of truth to what she was saying. She was feeling ill the longer she thought about it. Her mother was with Karne, Marcus had Haru and then there was her. Leading a coven alone or at least that's how she felt. The only dependable man in her life a man who was almost totally void of emotion. Of course Matt was good for a fumble under the sheets but there was never going to be a great romance there.

She thought she had found the love of her life in Ryu. Despite the pain he had caused her, she still could not imagine being with anyone else. But he took it to the next step, they had stalled and that was the end of their story. She had closed that book and she was trying to move on to the next chapter. Unfortunately for her, she had erased the leading man and now there was just her and this job. A job that grounded her to this place and these people despite having dreams of her own. But her dreams never came through, only her nightmares so she had learned it was better to deal with reality and the reality was that her brother finally had a chance at happiness and as hard as it was, she was going to swallow her pride and make his dream a reality.

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Death-Reign on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 22:39

He watched the wraith with an amused stare as it threatened him. He knew it could kill him off but he wasn't bothered, Hope wouldn't let him even then he was only poking fun, not his fault that the pile of fog had even less personality then Knigh.
It was the only thing really left of Karne about the place since yet again he abandoned them so Ru's fault or not Marcus looked upon him with mild distaste, he was an unwanted reminder that they were Karne's unwanted spawn.

"Ha you try and skip town I will hunt you down" he smirked he knew Hope would do no such thing, their relationship was beyond any petty dislikes.

This had gone a lot better then he had planned and he was looking forward to asking Haru. Nerves were there but it was unlikely Haru would say no at least he liked to think so.
Turning in his step he kept Hope besides him, now heading back towards the house. He had said what he needed to say and when all was said and done they both now had things they needed to do. Being grown ups was not all it cut out to be sadly. This was the first time they had really been together for ages. He was sure Hope probably had things she should have been doing.
"Let's get back. Unless you have anything you wanna fill me in on?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashan on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 16:19

Vampire || Wraith

Hope smiled as Marcus threatened to hunt her down is she tried to disappear. Great, so he was actually expecting to attend as well as give her blessing. Part of her wanted to tell her brother there was no way in hell that she was going to sit in the audience and watch Ryu's ex-fiance marry her brother while Ryu stood as best man. It was insane and they would have been better off eloping in her mind. But knowing Marcus, he would want to do it properly because that had worked out so well for them in the past.

But of course, no one ever thought about she felt only that she didn't throw a tantrum and make their lives hard. Marcus had moved her into their home and Hope had bitten her tongue to make him happy and tolerated Haru as much as possible. Now she had given him his blessing and one of her most treasured possessions and he still wanted more. When was someone going to ask her how she felt and what she wanted to do. " You'd have to catch me first. " she teased keeping her emotions from Marcus. Their twin connection meant that they could feel how the other felt but when Marcus went through his little episode Hope had learned to mask her emotions from him as it had been too much for him to deal with at the time. She had been blocking him out ever since.

Marcus was leading her back to the house, something she was glad for. Waving in a particular way, Rulakh disappeared knowing what the signal meant. She had been training him so that he wouldn't continue to kill as liberally as he had before. But now she knew they were safe, she could send back to wherever it was he went when he wasn't with her. Marcus had asked her if there was anything she had wanted to fill him in on. There was so much, the Eradication, Ajax slowly losing his mind and of course Hope still hadn't told him or Destiny about their mother.

She wanted too tell him, of course she did. He would love for their mother to be at the wedding but how could she? Their mother was literally crazy and was denying their existence. That was hardly the mood they wanted to set for a wedding. Besides, Marcus was practically oozing with excitement and happiness, she wasn't going to spoil it , not now. " Nope, all boring here. My life of fun and frivolity is done. " she chuckled as  she linked her arms with his and leaned her head against him. She hadn't realized how much she had missed him until she had him to herself. But with a wedding on the horizon she imagined that these would be numbered and she had to plaster on a smile despite wanting to nothing but cry.

----- END THREAD -----

Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top